1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a used one in a store and it looks good. The price is $595. Are these any good? Does anyone know the original retail price?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sorry, I've not heard good things about them. Go with SA or Colt. Plus, Mitchell is not around anymore if major problems occur.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had one once and it was an absolute disaster as far as feeding reliability went. It wouldn't even feed hard ball. It had a bull barrel and a intregal feedramp that would catch the nose of the round on the bottom edge of the ramp. I don't think it was the magazine because I tried several different brands and nothing worked. Mitchell was still around then and the gun made two trips back to the factory but came back each time with the problem still there but the feedramp nicely polished. I finally traded it at the pawnshop I'd bought it from new for a used Springfield that had been lightly customized. It was a shame because when you could get a round to chamber it was probably the most accurate pistol I've ever fired. I think the feedramp had been manufactured too short and the factory was too dumb or too cheap to replace it. And now there is no factory to complain to if you get a lemon. I'd definitely insist on shooting before buying and I think the price is a little high for an orphan. You'll also notice that it has plenty of sharp edges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts