1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on a Glock by the way. What do you think of this sight in general and specifically for competition?

What is the most used brand for competition in the production class for sights.

What do you use?

·
Registered
228 Posts
If it is a game gun then I'd say get a set of the Sevigny competition sights. They are simple and durable as anything for $60.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Save $80 and get them in plain black w/serrations. Unless you are also carrying your Glock, the tritium can muddy your sight picture, particularly on steel.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
There is also a "Race Cut" version of the Heinie with a wider rear notch that shows more light around the rear sight which some people with older eyes prefer.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
sights are utterly personal

I tried the Heinies on my (long-gone) M20; I tried eight different sight sets on that gun brefore finding one my eyes 'liked'.

High quality for sure, but personal......

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts
Every 1911 that I have built (5-10) since 1999 has Heinie fixed sights on it. And every Glock I own ('cept for one) has Heinie sights. The only reason my Glock 17 doesent have them is they arent tall enough to use with a suppressor...

Excellent sights. Consider having the front sight narrowed to around .105, but the stock width is fine. And Mr Heinie is a good dude.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
I, too, machined my front sight thin and kept the rear notch stock. The U notch sights are cool and would probably get them if buying new.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Dawson Precision also offers a Heinie Rear with a Dawson Fiber Optic Front Sight thinner as much as .090 which is what I have on some on my "game" 1911s'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts