1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like My new CBOB but the one shortcoming, at least for my tired old eyes is the relatively small sights. The rear sights are fine but a larger front sight, perhaps a fiber optic would be easier to pick up quicker. Any thoughts/recommendations?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Sights are a highly personal choice and there are plenty of options. I think you would be hard pressed to find something "better" than what comes standard on the CBOB. If these are too small, I kind of cringe to think of how much bigger of a sight you want.

There are plenty of sights out there to try if you want, they are all a little different, but in the end they are all blade and notch sights. Maybe try some fiber optic sights to get a little more color in your sight picture.

·
Registered
779 Posts
My 2009 10mm Cbob shipped from the factory with night sights with white rings around the lamps!

I like them very much, as they are also Yellow/orange on the rear and Green on the front. I like this setup and when my other sights on my 45acp 1911's go dim, I will replace them with the same setup my Cbob shipped with! :rock:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Could always go with something like this:

·
Registered
5 Posts
CBOB sights

i too am a cbob owner and also would like to see white rings around my sights. but im not too concerned considering i shoot accuratley with it anyway.:rock:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
anchor I don't have a CBOB, I have a DW Marksman in 45 ACP flavor and had our Local Mod. Dave Sverns install FO front sights on it and I like them..........

Clyde

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks what I'm talking about. I'll let the new wear off for a little while then get Sarge, (grips) and Dave, (sights) involved.
I like those grips NamVetz.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
It would have been nice if the factory night sights had white rings around the lamps.
I agree also. In the dark they're as sharp as a tack but in low level light,
(like my indoor range) the front doesn't come into view with these old eyes
the way I prefer. I mentioned 2 years ago during my range report that
they were smaller then my Kimber or Beretta but functioned at the time
just fine. Now that I see they have the same sight with the white ring
I'm taking a second look at that. I was planing on doing the same thing
as Clyde with the Fiber Optic.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I think you would be hard pressed to find something "better" than what comes standard on the CBOB. If these are too small, I kind of cringe to think of how much bigger of a sight you want.
While very usable, of all of my pistols with night sights my CBOB's (its an 07) are (or seem) the smallest. I am comparing them to Trijicon and Meprolight. White rings would aide a great deal in picking them up during the day. Sounds like the newer models have them now.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Maybe that's the difference...mine is an 08 near as I can tell. I'm a second hand owner of this one though.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I really like My new CBOB but the one shortcoming, at least for my tired old eyes is the relatively small sights. The rear sights are fine but a larger front sight, perhaps a fiber optic would be easier to pick up quicker. Any thoughts/recommendations?
Old eyes too huh? ... CT Laser Grips for many reasons..
1) they're good for trigger control for beginners mostly..see if the dot moves when the hammer drops.
2) they're good for quick instinctive practice too..at least for me..
3) in a defense situation it's a no brainer..If you think of all the situations you can...

Do you ever watch police shootouts on TV? Thy to find one where anyone is even looking at their sights..Most of the time theres lead and brass flying all over the place and no one gets hit..I can hit a USPSA carboard silhouette at 100 yds about 8 out of 10 and still have CTs on my CBOB..
I had to fill the corners with JB weld and grind to fit..

The sights on my CBOB are perfect for targets/range

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had trouble getting a good sight picture with the factory night sights plus the
CBOB shot high so I installed a Dawson F.O. front sight (.180" tall, .100" wide) and a Dawson adjustable rear sight (just in case the front sight didn't solve the problem. It did and I could have bought a fixed rear sight and it would have been fine.) I really like the new sight picture.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I had trouble getting a good sight picture with the factory night sights plus the
CBOB shot high so I installed a Dawson F.O. front sight (.180" tall, .100" wide) and a Dawson adjustable rear sight (just in case the front sight didn't solve the problem. It did and I could have bought a fixed rear sight and it would have been fine.) I really like the new sight picture.
Lookin' good..My USPSA comp gun has sights alot like that. They're very good for speed shooting (for me)
I like those finger groove grips too but only have them on a Officer size frame..They really help on the short grip..With my hands anyway but I think Oscar Meyer made my fingers..
Hmmmm??I just don't have the heart to cover the checkering on the CBOB though the button in the CTs covers a bit..

Jeez!! I seem to go off track...Uhhh! best sights for what...?
USPSA? Defense? Bulls eye?(IHMSA same as bullseye for me)? I have preferances for all 3..All similar tools that have different jobs..

Yes..I've done all the pistol competitions I could find in 40 yrs and hunt big game with my IHMSA gun but I've learned lots here in a short time...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Lookin' good..My USPSA comp gun has sights alot like that. They're very good for speed shooting (for me)
I like those finger groove grips too but only have them on a Officer size frame..They really help on the short grip..With my hands anyway but I think Oscar Meyer made my fingers..
Hmmmm??I just don't have the heart to cover the checkering on the CBOB though the button in the CTs covers a bit.
I put the narrow Dawson F.O. front sight on my STI Trojan that I shoot plates with and liked them quite a bit so installed similar sights on my CBOB. (I kept the plain, black adjustable sights that came on the STI.)

I took the Pearce finger grooves off the CBOB. I determined the Pearce rubber grips and the great front strap checkering on the CBOB was the best combination for me and gives me a good, solid grip.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My CBOB was born in Aug of 2009, yet my rear sights are white not yellow like most '09 models. Go figure. As for the crimson trace suggestion, I have them on a Glock 19 and on a CZ 75. They are great but i don't want them on a 1911, just a personal thing. On my other guns, ALL came with larger sight dots than my Cbob. Even my little Sig P238 has bigger and better night sights and it's a mouse gun. It seems my front sight dot is even smaller than those on the rear. The more I look at them the less I like them!. I haven't had the CBOB for a week yet, but if I still feel this way in a month they're gonna go visit Dave.

·
Registered
610 Posts
is that grip tape on the front of the trigger guard?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts