1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm thinking about having Novak sights, a trigger job, a bull barrel, reliability package, and dehorning done on my future gun.

Are these changes irreversible? I.e. if I do any of the above, if I don't like it will I have to buy a new gun? What if I don't like my trigger job, sights, bull barrel etc. and I want someone else to do it, will I have to buy all new parts? Thanks.

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Most of what you list involves phsically altering the gun. Novak siights require milling the slide, dehorning is beveling or rounding of the sharp edges of the slide & frame, Trigger job ...stoning of the hammer and sear engagement surfaces. It's also going to be alot harder to sell for what you have in it by then. If you want a tricked out gun it makes more sense to buy a factory gun with the features you want than to customize. My 2¢ worth

------------------
ElrodCod
NRA Life Member

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Go look at a Kimber they have models with most everything that you want already already done on most of their models. I have one and I am very happy with mine.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Always try a modification before you spend money to have it done to your gun. I've read about modifications before in the gun rags that were a "must" item, and then when I tried the change I found out they were junk, or totally unnecessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts