1911Forum banner

Argentenian 17 round mags

956 Views 13 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Stephen A. Camp
Hi guys,
What is the scoop on the 17 round HP mags sold at CDNN? For the price I was thinking of picking one up. Are they reliable?

Thanks,
IBCGUY
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
As I understand it they were made in South Africa for the Argentines. I have a couple. They're OK but the general consensus is that the 15 rd Argentines are better and neither are as good as stock HiPower mags or MecGar mags. Now that the ban is off, I'd get MecGars.

· Registered
3,499 Posts
ibcguy said:
Hi guys,
What is the scoop on the 17 round HP mags sold at CDNN? For the price I was thinking of picking one up. Are they reliable?

Thanks,
IBCGUY
There is a thread on 17 round mags on the next page that's less than 30 days old. Please do a little browsing before posting a redundant thread. Thanks.

· Registered
3,499 Posts
Stephen A. Camp said:
Hello. Here is a site dedicated to the Hi Power magazine types and results on how they work and hold up:

http://www.ont.com/users/kolya/bhpmagfaq.htm

Best.
We can ALWAYS count on Mr. Camp to give us the definitive answers and true wisdom. You rock Mr. Camp! :rock:

Being a Star Wars fan I hope I don't offend you by saying that you are Yoda to me when it comes to gun knowledge. :)

· Registered
3,499 Posts
Stephen A. Camp said:
Hello. No offense taken whatsoever.

Best.

PS: "Trust the force, Luke."
:)

Happy New Year Mr. Camp!!!

· Registered
3,499 Posts
PsychoSword said:
Oh, and ignore the search NAZI's..
It's not like the thread was 10 pages in. It was on the next page. I see moderators ask that new users use the search feature all the time. I assume they are nazi's too?

· Registered
4,780 Posts
Hello. I apologize for not noting the word in question. For some folks it means one thing and to others, something worse. I would consider it a personal favor if that word was not used in this section other than in the historical sense, such as "Nazi Hi Powers" referring to the guns made when the FN plant was under their control.

As to the search function: I fully agree that it gets most annoying to continually answer the same questions again and again. That is one reason I put up my own site with some ready-to-go answers that can be linked. At the same time, new folks or those not familar with how to use this function mean no harm and are sincerely seeking answers.

I think that the "answer" is sort of in the middle ground: Answer the question if of the mind to and then mention that more might be found by doing a search.

We should be able to discuss magazines w/o having problems.

Thanks in advance.

Best.

· Registered
1,574 Posts
No problem Stephen. I understand how it's a sensitive word on this site and on certain other places like Lugerforum for example.

HiVelSword said:
It's not like the thread was 10 pages in. It was on the next page. I see moderators ask that new users use the search feature all the time. I assume they are nazi's too?
When in all honesty, you're not a moderator.

But I get annoyed how in every other thread it seems like someone asks a question and then you get someone else who's like "OMGWTFBBQ did you search!!???!?". Best way to turn a forum into a graveyard.com is to discourage people from posting or make them feel like they're walking on eggshells because someone is power trippin'.

Things change, that's why we start new threads. I can't remember the last time I posted a thread anywhere and checked the second page to make sure a similiar subject wasn't posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.