1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have an Argentine Ace?
Mine has the grip safety and floating chamber. It shoot really well and accurately. However it likes to break the extractor every 50 rounds or so. I have had two made for it already, but at $70 a pop i am ready to junk the pistol. Anyone have any info that can help or a source to manufacture extractors cheaper than $70?
Thanks.
Angel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one on this board have one of these?
No one has any info at all?
Please any help is appreciated!
Angel

·
Registered
633 Posts
You know I think I saw some guns that had "Ace" on them at the gun show last weekend (I don't know anything about them).

I'm going to another show this weekend and if I see them again I'll see if I can find out any info for you.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I don't have one but what does the extractor look like, a piece of thin sheet metal with a twist in it? Like the ones from the Colt units? Have you tried shooting the pistol without the extractor? My Ace conversion unit works fine w/o it's extractor.

FWIW and all that

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tried having it heat treated? Tried a Colt part? What is breaking? Tip? Something else? Too much recoil energy? Stiffer spring? Maybe not for HV ammo?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The piece has to be machined. I dont know if they take a standard 45 extractor and cut it down or make a new one. The first one I had made was by wisener. It broke right at the bend after 25 rounds. I think they are too thin at the bend. If someone tells me how to post pictures I will.
Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
If the Colt part interchanges, there is one of these for sale on Ebay right now under hunting/other items. Search for word Ace and it should come up. Only the .22 uses this part. The ejector for the centerfire calibers is staked to the frame. All I can think is that it was machined to right size or needs to be tempered for strength. One guy said his unit works without the ejector. What have you got to lose? Worse thing that could happen is case will stay in chamber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts