1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the range the other day and stumbled upon a 1925 or 1926 colt 1911 that was sold to the Argentinian armed forces. What is the approximate value of these 1911s. It's a shooter grade and I didn't have much time to inspect it. Everything seemed to be in working order and the price tag didn't seem to bad either for a vintage colt. They wanted $379.00. If you guys could give me some information I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
This type of question is very hard to answer without a lot more info. A picture is best, but barring that, a more detailed explanation. Colt had more than one contract/sale of pistols over a number of years to Argentina. These were Government Models which are the commercial or civilian version of the M1911 and M1911A1 pistols. They were also marked in a variety of ways. A serial number, and marking would be helpful. What you might have seen could be a Sistema which was made to Colt specs on Colt supplied machinery but made in Argentina in their own factory and technically are not Colt pistols. A bunch of those hit the US not too long ago, most were pretty rough and sold for under $300.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I'm going to give a call to the range I was at and get some more info on the 1911. I'll post again once I get the information.

Justin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts