1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys..i was browsing a local gunshop today and saw a colt argentine in excellent condition..it was serial #ed in the 779## range which i have seen somewhere corresponds to a date of mfg in 53..it had a box and extra mag with arched msh and lanyard loop...i have searched on here and i cant find a real good idea of what the price should be..it was marked 525..but i have no idea what kind of deal this is...anyhelp would be appreciated.. take care

grover

· Premium Member
9,635 Posts
Seems a little high

There is a site that is offering inter-war Argentine Colts for $450. plus $12 shipping with original finish, $395 for refinished. A steal if you ask me. My wife won't let me get one right now because it "isn't in the nudget" :grumble: :bawling: :hrm: :scratch:

cruffler site
Robert

· Registered
96 Posts
that cruffler site might be out of date, i paid around $450 for mine but it was an arsenal refinish in excellent condition, if yours has the original blueing it is worth $500 and up. check out gunbroker and gunsamerica for some examples and prices, ive seen some terrible ones go for $400. They are really nice solid pistols but expect to maybe change some springs and find some mags that work, some people have complained of tight magazine wells requiring searching for mags that fit .

· Premium Member
5,963 Posts
JIG BALLS said:
Ive seen some terrible ones go for $400. They are really nice solid pistols but expect to maybe change some springs and find some mags that work, some people have complained of tight magazine wells requiring searching for mags that fit .
Don't forget the Springfield WWII replica is retailing around $450.00 (if you want a shooter).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.