1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Agree Burgs, almost futile to figure out dates on these. If you have any web addresses on those Spanish sites, please send. I work with a Mexican friend of mine who can translate.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Agree Burgs, almost futile to figure out dates on these. If you have any web addresses on those Spanish sites, please send. I work with a Mexican friend of mine who can translate.
No tengo link-os. I found the sites quite a while ago by Googling FM Hi Powers.
Some of the sites popped up from Argentina. FM also has a website on their various products. It's quite an extensive enterprise.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks Burgs, I'll do some Googling.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry I am so late to this discussion. I hope it is dormant and not dead. In any event, I bought this from Bud's Gun Shop for $300 a long time ago. It references Sarco on the bar code on the box. I bought it as a complete gun, not just a slide kit. I've put far more money into it than I should have, but it truly a favorite of mine. I hope the images fit site rules and are worth a darn. Russ

Attachments

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Rtab1,

Very nice Detective! Don't sweat the small thumbnails. They have 2 advantages over the photosuckit pictures.

1) You can click on them a couple of times to magnify the heck out of them and;
2) The Photosuckit photos usually end up disappearing leaving no photos at all,
sometimes in just a very few days.

It's a shame that the forum's current programs doesn't allow for a permanent capture of all photos posted.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rtab1,
How do you like the Nills? I've had them on some Sigs I've owned, but, haven't yet tried a pair on my HPs.

Nice Detective. Need to find one, one of these days...

·
Registered
399 Posts
MCS: the Nils are great. Excellent feel like on any other gun with them. I have them on three HP's. Hope this helps. Russ

·
Registered
224 Posts
MCS: the Nils are great. Excellent feel like on any other gun with them. I have them on three HP's. Hope this helps. Russ
Actually it does. I've been looking for something on the thicker side and have been going back and forth between trying a pair of Herrett's or just ponying up the cash for the Nill's. I'll just go with what I know.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Sorry I am so late to this discussion. I hope it is dormant and not dead. In any event, I bought this from Bud's Gun Shop for $300 a long time ago. It references Sarco on the bar code on the box. I bought it as a complete gun, not just a slide kit. I've put far more money into it than I should have, but it truly a favorite of mine. I hope the images fit site rules and are worth a darn. Russ

Very nice end result. What is not to like on that Detective?? I have a few handguns that I am "buried" in, but I don't lose any sleep over it, as they are exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
It appears to be a bone stock FM90. They haven't imported any Detectives in years, but that price is very surprising!

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Jake,

Congratulations! I'm glad it went to a forum member. I predict that sometime soon somebody will be reminiscing about the guy how got a FM90 for "only $1,200.00"!

Hope you give us all a range report when you can.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts