1911Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
I sure am glad that I didn't see that auction. It does seem to have a bit of "mileage marks" on it, but the price was quite reasonable.

·
Banned
269 Posts
I suspect that as time passes the FN Detective will become one of the more expensive Hi Power versions.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
A friend of mine owns the company that imported many of the Detective's and Detective kits. He said that FM isn't exactly the easiest company to deal with, and when he convinces them to start up the production line, it's usually only after HE has done all the leg work to find all the parts that FM doesn't want to manufacture. He is trying to bring the Detective kits in again, but not having any luck. Seems FM only wants to build full guns, but doesn't want to actually work to build said guns...stalemate remains.

·
Registered
415 Posts
A friend of mine owns the company that imported many of the Detective's and Detective kits. He said that FM isn't exactly the easiest company to deal with, and when he convinces them to start up the production line, it's usually only after HE has done all the leg work to find all the parts that FM doesn't want to manufacture. He is trying to bring the Detective kits in again, but not having any luck. Seems FM only wants to build full guns, but doesn't want to actually work to build said guns...stalemate remains.
Please ask him if he has any way to get spare recoil spring guides - the one part we can't replace

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to this forum and have recently traded a beat up 1986 BHP for a Argentine FM Hi Power Detective. The slide had some gunky soft gooy black stuff on it which I removed and found a nice parkerized finish. The lower is black "lacquer" over parkerizing. Condition is very good with wear marking. I installed all new Wolff BHP springs including a 17 lb. CZ 75 Compact recoil spring to replace the double recoil spring set up. I fired it right after I got it and had some failure to extract stovepipes and when I removed the extracter the spring was collapsed. Replacing it and all the other springs have worked just fine. Installed a C and S SFS system and discovered they don't tell you how to install and remove the slide with the SFS installed. Had to improvise. Serial numbers all match, barrel, slide and frame. I'm having a front sight dovetail cut to install night sights. It shoots accurately. In fact, it's more accurate than I am. I do have a question.......what is this thing worth?

·
Registered
294 Posts
BUMP since FN recently announced they were getting out of the HP business.
Is there any sign of FM producing HP-type pistols? This may get people looking for pistols, whether original or clone.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts