1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Argentine Sistema that needs a little help.

The primary problem is that two of the grips screws and bushings are stuck together (and still in the grip panels), and I can't get them apart. The obvious solution is to install new bushings and throw some different stocks on it.

I'd rather be able to keep the brown plastic grip panels that came with it, though. I have no idea if they are "original" or resemble the original equipment, but I want to keep it as "stock" as possible. It was refinished at an arsenal in Argentina, but the serial numbers on the frame, slide, and barrel all match.

Any ideas on how to get the old bushing and screws free from the stocks? If that's not going to be a reasonably easy fix, what kind of stocks should I try to get to replace them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've had this happen to me numerous times as I am paranoid about having the bushing too tight in the frame and stripping them out!

When the bushings and screw turn together, I tighten the screw/bushing to the frame very tightly and then unscrew it using abrupt force (not so hard that you strip the screw!) to try and break the screw loose. Like using a impact wrench on a stuck nut...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Grip Screws

Reinstall grip screw bushings with loctite, let them dry over night, then just remove screws. It has worked for me many times. Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts