1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can armor-tuff be applied over stainless steel? Does armor-tuff come in matte silver? i wrote to wilson and asked about pricing on a classic stainless coated in silver armor-tuff, he said there was no such thing as silver armor-tuff, and if the gun was stainless there was no reason to coat it with anything anyway. just curious.
mike

------------------

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
mike

I am a Wilson Combat retailer.

2001 Catalog lists a silver armortuff (page 41). I have never seen one though and never had anyone ask for it.

Try calling Wilson and see if that is a misprint in the catalog.

I saw a silver Baercoat and it looked more grey than silver.

Be safe

Terry Peters.
http://www.pt-partners.com

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terry,
I took your advice and called Wilson directly. They do not offer Armor-Tuff in Matte silver. The only colors available are green and black. Thanks for your help.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
13,644 Posts
Ryan Wilson told me that they couldn't get the silver Armor Tuff to stick to the gun, so they stopped offering it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1911fool, Wilson did not tell you one other color, that they offer Armor-Tuff in. They also offer it in grey. I bought a brand new, all grey CQB in the grey color, and it looks fantastic! So, they can make you a CQB, in all black , all green, all grey, grey/black, green/black. If you are thinking about a color that comes close to a stainless matte color, the only thing that will come close is the all grey CQB-and it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
1911Fool said:
Terry,
I took your advice and called Wilson directly. They do not offer Armor-Tuff in Matte silver. The only colors available are green and black. Thanks for your help.
Mike
How can the colors be only green and black when I have a grey/black CQB?
Have they discontinued the grey? :scratch:
They told me on the phone not long ago that I could buy a grey Armor-Tuff bullet proof slide stop for my CQB and I have read that they offer matching hex head grip screws, grey Armor-Tuff. :scratch: :scratch:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sureshot45 said:
The first posts date back to Feb. 2001. Grey was not even offered back then.
Ahh...I see said the blind man. Never paid attention to the dates. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts