1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just wanted to share this story. I bought a RIA M200 .38 Revolver. It had decent reviews and the price was perfect for a little truck gun or plinker. I loved the feel of it but it shot high and to the right. We're talking next county high and to the right.
I contacted Armscor and had a return label in about 1 hour. They ended up replacing the gun with a different one. I took this one out and it shot high and to the left. On a target with 5 circles, I aimed lower right and it hit upper left. Decent pattern but, again, wrong zip code.
When I talked to them again, I expressed my concern at the repetitive nature of the problem and asked if I could change out. They said no problem and for a very reasonable fee, I ended up with a 1911 CS, which I love and which is accurate. It took about 2 weeks to get it all figured out, but the end result is that they kept working to get a final solution. You just don't see that very often.
Buy with confidence because they do stand behind their product 100%.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I've wanted one of those little rat rod looking .38s for a while. Sounds like a good deal was had. I really like my CS. Did the transaction require you to go through your local FFL?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've wanted one of those little rat rod looking .38s for a while. Sounds like a good deal was had. I really like my CS. Did the transaction require you to go through your local FFL?
When they sent the different revolver, no. But when the model type changed, then it did require going through an FFL. My Go-To LGS is great and easy to work with. I had tracking alerts set up so I knew as soon as it hit the store.
I wish the .38 had worked out, but I'm very happy with the CS. I bought an XDs 45 when they first came out. I didn't enjoy shooting that at all. The CS, however, is a joy to shoot.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Good deal The CS is a great little carry. I'm still surprised at it's accuracy for a 3.5" barrel. My Springfield UC .45 is pretty much the same though the Rock is a bit more accurate. I have a Taurus PT-145 which I really like. Kinda/ almost the same size though totally different. Has a bit of kick to it but very controllable. Having never before fired compact 1911 .45s, I was tickled pink and shocked at the lack of flip. I believe my full size 1911s kick more.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you want a nice looking and accurate 38 get a rossi 851. They look like a colt diamond back! I paid $300 otd and love it!! The bluing is beautiful! They polished it before they blued it. It looks like the old Smith and Wesson bluing of the 70s! For $300 it can't be beat! They are made in Brazil where there is no epa so the bluing is nice. Here the epa won't let firearm manufactures use the chemicals to get a nice blue. They also closed the only lead manufacturer in the us. Once they told the armed forces no more lead in the ammo anymore. One way for gun control make ammo hard to manufacture and cost more! The 851 is hard to find right now unless you go to gun broker. But if you find one buy it you won't regret it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you say that because I used to have a Rossi 38 a while back. I loved the feel of that revolver too. Great wood grips. I ended up trading it in on a GP100 because it also suffered from bad Alignment (and no, it's not my shooting). It reminded me of my service days with a S&W 38 Combat Masterpiece. Now that gun I could shoot well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like my GP 100 just wish it was blued! Stainless is nice but I think blued looks better in a revolver! Love my S&W 586 -1 the S&W blue is nice. That why when I saw the 851 the blue looked like S&W blue! I like 4 inch barrels on my revolvers !! Wish I could find a GP 100 with the 5 inch barrel they made in 2012.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Armscor's customer service is top-notch yet there are some folks who think that Armscor should have a bank of phone operators on duty 24/7/365 to take their call and seem to get upset when contacting the company takes a while. They want the instantaneous attention that they get when they call some huge corporation that has a big "call-center" to answer the consumer's calls. Yet those always seem to have a "ladder" of automated steps to climb before you can get a carbon-based life-form to speak to you. And all-too-often that person who says he's "Jerry" (or other traditional anglo-saxon name) seems to have something other than English as his primary (or even secondary) language. What a wonderful way to waste an afternoon, explaining that your plunger-tube is loose or your disconnector is stuck in its port to someone who's Hindi/English dictionary doesn't go into such terms.
Armscor is a growing company in the United States but just like kids, not every part seems to grow at the same rate. I like the fact that when you call or email there is a good chance that a real gunsmith may be communicating with you about your problem or question. To me that kind of service makes the lack of instantaneous response inconsequential. I prefer slow knowledge over fast ignorance any day!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sometimes, it was a long haul to get to a live person, yet other times, they picked right up. All in all, a very comfortable process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts