1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
10,856 Posts
It's all about control.

Guns make it hard for them to impose their will on a free people.
As does the 1st Amendment, and the rest of the Constitution. That's why they are constantly trying to subvert the Constitution.

The tree thirsts.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
No surprise, on TV no less, they have actually talked about abolishing the Constitution, abolishing the Bill of rights, and eliminating Due Process too. I remember Obama discussing on TV how Due Process gets in their way of ruling the country. Nadler recently discussed on TV how they want to not let the voters decide anything as the voters cannot be trusted to vote their way. So if they ever get into full power, you know what will happen then. They want to turn the US into another communist cesspool of a country.
Speaking of the voters....a slight drift off topic to ask this of the Virginia GOP and those Virginia voters who don't have a dog in the 2A fight.

Between now and November.......
***get off your butts and do a door-to door canvas to get voters to vote Republican.
***assist in any way you can to shine a spotlight on any attempts by the Dims to play games with illegal voting and stuffing the ballot box with same.

You gotta wake up, Virginia. You got no excuse this time for not lighting the place up to protect your future, and the future of your kids. And you can start planning for that NOW.

·
Registered
15,522 Posts
It is treason - plain and simple. And they are not leaving us many choices. the Founding Fathers wrote a great deal about "Democracy" and considered it most foul. And they were right about that. They studied history and saw what it brings. Always.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Folks it's 1775 again, and 1776 is around the corner! Just hope when the time comes were not a small group that had balls to make a stand! I'd say 70% of the Pro 2A community will have "other obligations" when we prepare to charge!

·
Registered
756 Posts
None of you think this is a symptom of a deeper problem?

These pantywaisted, overly-sensitive beta types are the result of the "kinder, gentler" education system we have had now for 3 or 4 or 5 decades.

I wasn't around in the 50's and 60's so I ca'nt say how shchool was then.

I "woke up" around 1980, at age 10, and saw the ****show around me. Iran, etc. In the 80's which is most of my elementary and even high-school education, in Puerto Rico, they still taught critical thought, somewhat.. but I also saw the younger teachers leaning to "teaching the test" and to be "sensitive" to others.

I really think sensitive little snowflakes like the authors of this bill are the result of that.

We *really* need to un**** our schools and media, and the church, too.

And to Shawn6518's point -- back then, back when we kicked the lobsters out, didn't just about 3% take to arms? I guess sometime in the past 10 years I turned into a threeper myself. Not a member yet... but the call is being heard, I heard it, loud and clear, during Nobama's last term.

We could always use "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" as an unofficial "cause" song... ;)

·
Administrator
72,106 Posts
Another attempt to silence the opposition.
At the pro-gun rally someone was quoted as saying they would like to see the Republican party simply die off. No reaching across the aisles, no compromising, no nothing. Just simply eliminate the opposition and make this country a one-party system. Sound like something we know?

·
Registered
756 Posts
At the pro-gun rally someone was quoted as saying they would like to see the Republican party simply die off. No reaching across the aisles, no compromising, no nothing. Just simply eliminate the opposition and make this country a one-party system. Sound like something we know?
Hm.

Tom Marvolo Riddle. Wonder if the kids of the 00's see Voldemort in Bloomberg. They should. Pelosi is 100% Dolores Umbridge. I came into that world as a grown-up, and I saw it then, and it's REALLY clear now.

Emperor Palpatine. I see *quite* a bit of LBJ in him. And in Voldermort too. Quick to anger, horribly violent, and with very strange habits.

And to the real:

G III R

Lenin.

Stalin.

Hitler.

Castro, and the list goes on and on.

But today's crop of Democrats sound a *lot* like England in the times of king George after being brainwashed by Marx.

I know you were being rhetorical there, but I feel like discussing the topic.. it goes hand-in-glove with indoctrination. But what if... what if certain works in certain books / films were based on the real? Old, old trick. Cervantes and Shakespere both.

I can't watch Potter without looking at Voldemort and his lot as being Leftist. Oh hell yes.

What's the first thing Umbridge did when she got to Hogwarts? She banned teaching Defense against the Dark Arts. What the Trio do? Establish an underground defense school.

The parallels are stunning.

·
Administrator
18,583 Posts
I have no idea what you just said.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hate to "burst your bubble" there dsk, but we already have a "one party" system, it has a far left wing and a left of center wing, look how many folks that have a R next to their name voted for more "legal" 3rd world immigrants also they "comprised" on other anti-freedom issues as well, how many so called "red" states have "red flag laws/EPROs", also all of the 2A related "compromises" that the so called "Replublicans" made.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
they choose who we get to vote for... so???
Well if more folks would vote for third party like the Constitutionalist, or the Constitutional Party, we might have still have the Replublic that the Founding Fathers intended.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well if more folks would vote for third party like the Constitutionalist, or the Constitutional Party, we might have still have the Replublic that the Founding Fathers intended.
well in principal I can agree.. the reality is THEY choose who we can vote for...

and I see no real way around such a system... at this time...

further... both the dem and rep parties seem like different sides of the same coin... a dog an pony show put on by elites to distract?

and both seem to tell us votes for us or the other side will win... so votes for other then... seldom work out...

and have you noticed the professional politicians that change over to the new party... like some dems SEE the popularity of the libs going/joining the libs?

or the politicians that recently claimed to be rep got into office and switched to dem?

couple that with our education system which seems now more about years upon years of indoctrination...

I listened to live interviews of younger folk with a FOX news... personage...

the base... or world view has really changed among our younger folk...

and it does not look good for the future of our freedom and liberty...

they seem to place little or even no value on such:eek::scratch:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Do you really trust people who run for public office that know they probably won't even get 1% of the vote?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do you really trust people who run for public office that know they probably won't even get 1% of the vote?
That's kinda of a "chicken or the egg" catch 22 scenario, if they don't run nobody will vote for them, if they do run almost nobody will vote for them. The biggest problem is the "mainstream" candidates are a choice of a crap sandwich or a crap sandwich with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo, either way you're getting a crap sandwich.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
That's kinda of a "chicken or the egg" catch 22 scenario, if they don't run nobody will vote for them, if they do run almost nobody will vote for them. The biggest problem is the "mainstream" candidates are a choice of a crap sandwich or a crap sandwich with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo, either way you're getting a crap sandwich.
They know they have zero chance to win. If you are going to run you have to build support among a large number of people. The only thing these ding-a-lings do is act as spoilers that work on behalf of Democrats. In Kentucky, about 15,000 morons voted for the Libertarian candidate for governor. The GOP incumbent, one of the most solid 2A politicians in the country, lost to the Democrat by 5,000 votes. This is what third parties do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
They know they have zero chance to win. If you are going to run you have to build support among a large number of people. The only thing these ding-a-lings do is act as spoilers that work on behalf of Democrats. In Kentucky, about 15,000 morons voted for the Libertarian candidate for governor. The GOP incumbent, one of the most solid 2A politicians in the country, lost to the Democrat by 5,000 votes. This is what third parties do.
the thing seems to be many are fed up with the current crop of politicians...

and their parties... and the direction these parties are choosing...

so folks start trying to fix things... by voting them out...

and elections of fairly good politicians get lost...

I confess...

I am so F'n tired of the gop making promises they ignore AFTER they get elected...

and they keep asking for money for this or that... so many causes that REQUIRE our money... over and over and over..

seems ya have to pay em just to get heard... and to KEEP your RIGHTS now...

so I understand folks voting the marginal parties...

thing is if the marginal parties actually start winning guess which politicians will join em...

21 - 40 of 55 Posts