1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a set on my 45-70 today and tried it out on the range. Really an outstanding combo. Looking at it, you wouldn't think that the ghost ring idea could work. But after a bit of practice, I stopped thinking about trying to center the front sight in the rear. It just sort of centers itself without me having to concentrate. Very intuitive and accurate to boot. Does well out to 50 yards, ran out of ammo before I got to 100. Go, Rockchucker, Go!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
You have discovered what dangerous game hunters and Col. Cooper have known for years.
Welcome to the clan of the ghost.

Have ghost rings on several carbines and short shotguns and wouldn,t have anything else on weapons of the medium to short range class. They are fast and more accurate than most would think..Try a set on your defensive shotgun; slug shots at 100 yards become pretty easy.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been working on 100 yard hits since my last post. I'm getting hits, not much grouping. Practice, practice, practice.

On a side note, was just visiting in WV tonight. Took the tour of the Moundsville Penitentiary. Good stuff!

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
The ghost-ring can be an excellent sight. The Ashley's are a simple and elegant solution (if a little annoying to zero).

Another rear sight worth considering in this application would be Jim Brockman's ghost-ring rear. www.brockmansrifles.com

Brownells sells the Brockman sight too.

Rosco

1 - 4 of 4 Posts