1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago, a company was producing 1911 magazines with military assembly numbers on the floorplate. Does anyone recall what compnay produced these magazines with the military assembly number on them?

------------------
The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are these the ones that have been popping up at gunshows and army surplus stores for like 8 bucks a piece? The ones with the tapered feed lips? I have three of them and they work just as good as my Colt mags.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
If its the same one's I'm thinking about I have two that are making good door stops right now.

Hammer the lips flat to form a wedge and shove em under the shop door, work great. A damn site better now than before.

They are not junk because they serve a purpose after a slight tune up.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Ken Neal:
If its the same one's I'm thinking about I have two that are making good door stops right now.
Hammer the lips flat to form a wedge and shove em under the shop door, work great. A damn site better now than before.

Ken: Mine are not that bad. Nick

------------------
The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Nick,
Good to hear from you, the two I have (had) were so bad that I just had to keep them around as a reminder that you really do get what you pay for,,,on both ends as Terry Peters likes to say.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts