1911Forum banner

Assembly problems

772 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Kruzr
Finished cleaning my 1911, assembled the slide and start to slide it on the rails and it gets stuck solid.

Nothing I can do to budge this.

It seems almost perfectly aligned for the slide stop to be completely inserted but the large pin on the slide stop can not be inserted as the holes won't line up.

So now the slide stop is still out and it is stuck.

Any ideas?

Has this happened to anyone before?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
751 Posts
The only thing I can think of is the possiblilty that when the slide was being put back on you might have held the grip safety in forcing the disconector up and wedging it against the under part of the slide as it was being slid onto the frame??????

RC

· Registered
751 Posts
Unless someone has a better suggestion and or diagnosis. You'll need to remove the MSH, safety, hammer and sear w/disconnect. Might be an easier way but I can't think of any. You should post this question on the gunsmithing Q&A. I think someone already had the same problem several weeks ago and posted on the Gunsmithing thread, you might do a search there.

RC

· Premium Member
13,134 Posts
If the push rod is stuck in front of the FP stop plate, you can try pulling back on the slide and shaking the gun making sure you aren't touching the grip safety. If that doesn't work, drive out the MSH pin and slide the MSH down a little. This will allow the grip safety to push back farther than usual and the push rod should drop if you pull back on the slide a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.