1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shooting my Les Baer TRS for over 1 year and getting to know the gun I found that I really like it and can shoot it well. Every once and a while though, my grip would be so high coming out of the holster that upward pressure on the beavertail caused the grip safety to remain engaged. I have large palms / hands and shoot high thumbs. I tried and tried to make myself obtain perfect grips each time I presented the pistol from the holster. I found that I could not guarantee a perfect grip EVERYTIME on the range when life was good, birds singing, sun shining, etc. I knew deep down that if I was not able to get it right in the perfect world that the chance existed I would mess the grip up when it really mattered and I would be way way way behind on the power curve. Thanks to other posters on this forum I read about different ways to cure my plague and obtain a gun that would fire when I needed it to EVERYTIME. I took apart my baby, compared what I spent on it versus what I thought my life might be worth if I did nothing and took a drill, pin, and loctite to it. Quallified with my newly modifed blaster and had one of my best days at the range ever. I now have THE gun I wanted. It has been tested and grown on me for the past year and is now perfect. Thanks guys for showing me the way and convincing me that even though I don't make custom guns, I can with a little effort and good advice from you, make a few alterations to make my world a little safer. :rock:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts