1911Forum banner
161 - 180 of 279 Posts
This just keeps getting better and better, folks...

If you have any braced pistols that were imported (Stribog, Arsenal, Century, CZ Scorpion, Zastava, etc.) they will no longer be pistols, and thus be RIFLES banned under Section 922r. So you won't be able to make them compliant and will have to surrender them to ATF for destruction with no monetary compensation.
I don't see it in register, so that's good & bad at same time.

Good - gives time for Pro2A lawyers to prepare a same-day filing(s).
Bad - something is up, bet ya FTA idiots are refining their crap before submission to register.

As-is, the BS will not stand in court.

This just keeps getting better and better, folks...
Better and better by the second. FTA dums have no chance.

The MAC vid highlights their nefarious intentions, which contradicts their intentions !!

ATF Doc Page 264 said:
Comments Received
Commenters claimed this proposal would be the largest registration scheme
imposed by the executive branch in American history and would force the registration or destruction of millions of privately owned firearms.

Department Response
The Department disagrees with commenters that asserted the rule would result in the largest registration in the country’s history or the destruction of millions of privately owned firearms. While numerous firearms equipped with “stabilizing braces” are short-barreled rifles based on their objective design features, the Department has provided multiple options for affected persons, which include alternatives that do not require registration or destruction of the firearm.

Because someone pulled a fast one in 1934 while no one was looking. Everyone was more worried about where their next meal might come from.
You hit that nail on the head! And the 1938(?) SCOTUS challenge ruling upholding it's constitutionality makes my head spin like Linda Blair's in the Exorcist! But what really makes me want to bite a nail in half are all of the pundits that call reagan a conservative, and yet he did more damage to the 2nd with his 1986 nfa than any other legislation signed by a president. He was as strident as biden about wanting to ban Ar's for the exact reasons biden uses! And to go with that nail is a helping of broken glass of seeing reagan's photo opps of him shouldering an Ar-15, at a range, when he was governor of commiefornia, and then shortly afterwards saying the famed gun control mantra 'I see no reason why anyone should own an AR'. And btw, when I was searching to corroborate my assertion I found that quote from reagan on bloomberg's "everytown for gun safety" page! Unfortunately they are correct!

Attachments

I believe the MAC vid is highlighting this BS:

ATF Doc Page 246 said:
Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces”

Department Response
The Department disagrees with the commenter who suggested that there will be financial implications resulting from the removal and replacement of imported parts for owners who imported pistols and added a “stabilizing brace.” The commenter incorrectly interpreted 18 U.S.C. 922(r) as requiring the removal and replacement of imported parts to comply with section 922(r). Section 922(r)generallymakes it unlawful “for any person to assemble from imported parts anysemiautomatic rifle,” and 27 CFR 478.39 provides that a person may not assemble a semiautomatic rifle using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in the relevant paragraphs of the regulation. The criminal violation under18 U.S.C. 922(r) is for the “assembl[y]”of thesemi-automatic rifle;therefore, modification of this kind of firearm through the removal of the relevant parts would not cure the 922(r) violation because the “assembl[y]” has already occurred. Nevertheless, for the purposes of the costs outlined in the standalone RIA, ATF assumes this group may use another scenario,such as destroying the firearmor turning it in to ATF, by usingthe population derived from bump-stock-type devices as a proxy.

Anyone seen this ?

Looks like those who filed for their wonderful free tax stamp for imported pistols, are in trouble.

And simply removing the braces doesn't prevent your gun from becoming "forever" contraband.
Someone mentioned the dangers of poking the "bear". Well the "bear" has stirred up a hornet nest going after bees and easy honey.

And the bear is going to get stung once this ends up in the Supreme Court.

You hit that nail on the head! And the 1938(?) SCOTUS challenge ruling upholding it's constitutionality makes my head spin like Linda Blair's in the Exorcist! But what really makes me want to bite a nail in half are all of the pundits that call reagan a conservative, and yet he did more damage to the 2nd with his 1986 nfa than any other legislation. He was as strident as biden about wanting to ban Ar's for the exact reasons biden uses! And to go with that nail is a helping broken glass of seeing reagan's photo opps of him shouldering an Ar-15, at a range, when he was governor of commiefornia, and then shortly afterwards saying the famed gun control mantra 'I see no reason why anyone should own an Ar'. And btw, when I was searching to corroborate my assertion I found that quote from reagan on bloomberg's "everytown for gun safety" page! But they are correct!
What the TICS say cannot modify COTUS 2A. Congress can modify COTUS if they think they have the votes to do it.

If pistol owners are smart, DO NOT FORM-1 YOUR STUFF.

Someone mentioned the dangers of poking the "bear". Well the "bear" has stirred up a hornet nest going after bees and easy honey.

And the bear is going to get stung once this ends up in the Supreme Court.
So, I suspect there's a FTA plan going on here. I don't see this new rule crap in register yet. I suspect FTA dums are kinda in a hold pattern looking for all the chatter. Such chatter drums up things that would not survive in the courts. Thus the FTA will revise their BS before it goes to register so it can be more court-proof.

So, I suspect there's a FTA plan going on here. I don't see this new rule crap in register yet. I suspect FTA dums are kinda in a hold pattern looking for all the chatter. Such chatter drums up things that would not survive in the courts. Thus the FTA will revise their BS before it goes to register so it can be more court-proof.
I'm showing off my ignorance here, but where do you go to check if it's been added to the federal register?

And what's TICS and FTA? A deluge of acronyms!

The AFT has made 2 huge mistakes with this new rule.

1) Going back on their word. Backtracking and telling us that something that was okay and now saying the opposite should immediately discredit them and their ability to govern themselves and create/interpret the rules. This can have a major financial impact on millions upon millions of gun owner with criminal implications for them.

But it's #2 that I think is the real kicker.

2) They've pretty much admitted and proved that a pistol brace can act as a stock, allowing these psuedo-SBRs to be sold, owned, and used without a tax stamp while it was being demonstrated on a regular basis in plain sight... and did nothing! They did nothing because it was no big deal. They KNEW for years that these weapons weren't a threat to the public safety and their lack of action, up till now, prove that. So millions of these are out there, and there's tons of statistical evidence that an SBR, or gun attached with a pistol brace, isn't any more dangerous than any other gun on the market.

In fact, statistically speaking, gun free zones are far more of a threat to the public safety than anything on the NFA list of no-no items.Silencers, full auto, and SBRs are not the threat that those in power make them out to be.

The AFT has really done a number on themselves. The only question is how long and how many court battles are we going to have to deal with till this crap is reversed, if it ever is. The sad fact is that so many judges and politicians are anti-2nd amendment and this is exactly the kind of blow to our rights that can do quite a bit of damage. Worse, it's already written into law that SBRs require a tax stamp, and finding the AFT in the wrong in this case could invalidate that law.

Something tells me that this might be more of an uphill battle than any of us realizes. I hope I'm wrong about that. I do love being wrong about these things.

I'm showing off my ignorance here, but where do you go to check if it's been added to the federal register?

And what's TICS and FTA? A deluge of acronyms!
Please read this post (link)

TICS are poly-TIC-ians, the folks who we "elected" to "represent" The People.

FTA, that's ATF bass-ackwards.

Please read this post (link)

TICS are poly-TIC-ians, the folks who we "elected" to "represent" The People.

FTA, that's ATF bass-ackwards.
Clear as mud. I'd just say "ATF" to avoid muddying my point.

The same goes goes "TICS". Why make your written speech unnecessarily indecipherable?

I didn't read all 175 posts, but here is a link from GoA for a form email to write to your congressman and senators.

I didn't read all 175 posts, but here is a link from GoA for a form email to write to your congressman and senators.

Kinda waste of effort contacting TICS. Better to send $1, $2, $5, or $100 to NRA or GOA or any Pro2A org that will fight the BS in court.

I am not 100% the rule is in the Fed Register yet. I can't find it.

It has to be done carefully, Geriatric Joe has been packing courts with lefty anti-2A judges. People better watch what's going on, lefty is attempting full takeover of Govt. If that happens, you better have a good stock of ammo ready to roll. And yes, 75mil Americans can still fight when the other side has F15's, it only takes a round or two to take out electrical sub-stations. ;)

From the looks of things, all this BS appears to be scare tactics up front to get folks to commit to doing the registration. I say that because much of the AFT BS as-is does not appear it can hold up in the courts.

Sheeple will do as they are told. :(

DO NOT REGISTER YOUR LEGAL PISTOL STUFF ! but I am not telling you, "you" need to realize what's going on, then you decide to either to be Sheeple and do as ATF illegally tells you to do, or be a Patriot. Your choice of course.

Yep……I’ve contacted mine

I implore all to contact their representatives and senators

Just checked this morning. It has a post date of Jan 3th, 2023.
That makes the 120 day amnesty period end on May 31st.

161 - 180 of 279 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.