1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
1,928 Posts
I don’t own one but this is a classic example of how bureaucracies can be abused by politicians with bad intent. A person that really understood this was the late Tom Coburn who served as a US Senator from Oklahoma. He knew and understood the danger of bureaucratic abuse. RIP Senator Coburn.

· Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I've learned that MAS and of course myself may have jumped the gun on this. While supposedly the rule release date has been set for the Dec 28th there's no guarantee it will be released on said date. Also It's still not clear whether the ATF will amend the rule prior to said release date or even file 13 it depending on certain lawsuits that are being heard in Federal Courts even now.
Back to wait and see.

· Premium Member
Prefer Commanders
3,673 Posts
I wonder if this will include those short tubular foam covered extensions? I must have missed all the news stories where citizens are using braced pistols to murder in the cities. Every manufacturer of pistol sized ARs will have to halt production and potentially destroy their inventories. Not to mention all the many tens of thousands that have been sold legally throughout our country.

Even my 14.5" Wylde barrel has had an Epsilon added and welded into place. I believe in being compliant.

· Registered
2,823 Posts
Maybe I'm an old, stupid idiot. But, I can't make heads or tails out of that BATFE worksheet to determine whether my AR15 pistol is affected by these new arcane, capricious "rules." I have an AR15 pistol brace gun that I removed the brace and replaced it with a buffer tube and a Gear Head Works Tailhook Model 1 brace. Would my pistol be in compliance with the Tailhook brace?

I contacted Gear Head Works and they just responded that they believed that their brace would not be affected by the new BATFE rules. So, I'm hoping that they are correct. Or, at the very least that a lawsuit get's the courts to order them to discontinue with their BS rulemaking/legislating nonsense.

Pictures for reference. Before picture.
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

After picture.
Auto part Gun barrel Metal Bicycle part Font

· Registered
6,827 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, there has already been a High Court statement that the Gents at the BATAFE cannot legislate.
City, state and federal Gov't agencies have had a hard time acknowledging and accepting the limitations of their authority the last couple of years. Even SOTUS rulings.

Makes no never-mind to me anyway. I have a full-size -A2 with fixed stock and an M4gery with Mag Pul collapsible MOE.

· Registered
2,823 Posts
I intend to follow all laws. The rules on the other hand..... Rules are for loyal subjects and school children. They have no merit in a free mans eyes.
Until the Supreme Court or the congress sets the BATFE straight, the BATFE will continue to make rules that have the force of law. Violating them will make a free man an incarcerated one. I'll continue to be inconvenienced until congress or the Supreme Court does it's job. I have no interest in being a formerly free man locked up in a cell with criminals, perverts, and sociopaths.

· Registered
6,827 Posts
I intend to follow all laws. The rules on the other hand..... Rules are for loyal subjects and school children. They have no merit in a free mans eyes.

Yeah, Utube is full of 'sovereign citizen' encounters with police. Unless you're an illegal immigrant, you will obey! :mad:

· Administrator
80,268 Posts
There are probably tens of millions of braces out there, not to mention pistols that were sold from the factory with them. ATF initially said they're OK. If they've now changed their mind then they'd better let people SBR them for free.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts