1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came across something interesting today that I had no business looking at. A local shop with literally two firearms on display had an ATI 1911 for sale. It appears to be their fully loaded model, magwell, adjustable sights and trigger, rail, nice front strap checkering, ported barrel, etc. Price was $800. Im typically in the Colt and Dan Wesson game but lately their prices (going up) and available selection (way down) have been preventing me from finding the railed Government .45 I desire! Am I crazy for looking twice at this lonely ATI? Any good reviews on these or experiences this far. I didn't handle it as no one was at the counter, so I only saw one side of it through the glass case. I believe it's being sold as a new pistol.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Seems a little steep for an ATI pistol but:

1. I have read good articles and seen good videos on them
2. The local store advises they are good pistols and a good value
3. The FX appears to have the rail, ambi safety, adjustable trigger, magwell. target sights and probably other things that are really nice-to-haves for a lot of people.

It seems out of my range for an ATI but if I wanted a pistol with all that stuff on it, perhaps it is a good deal.

I wanted one of their polymer 1911's but have not found any on-line or at the store. I figured they had good press as well and would be a safe bet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems a little steep for an ATI pistol but:

1. I have read good articles and seen good videos on them
2. The local store advises they are good pistols and a good value
3. The FX appears to have the rail, ambi safety, adjustable trigger, magwell. target sights and probably other things that are really nice-to-haves for a lot of people.

It seems out of my range for an ATI but if I wanted a pistol with all that stuff on it, perhaps it is a good deal.

I wanted one of their polymer 1911's but have not found any on-line or at the store. I figured they had good press as well and would be a safe bet.
FYI, since I started looking into them I discovered the "Hybrid" or polymer framed variation on the 1911. There are a number of them on GunBroker for $500. The company selling them at $500, had 10 in stock. While this example i originally saw has all the bells and whistles, I wasn't sure about plunking down $800 and taking a chance on a company I'm unfamiliar with. However for $500, to get something a little different sounds interesting to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts