·
Premium Member
8,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mike,

I heard that they’re not very good. While I don’t use one, I too have seen the ads on ebay and wondered about them. The few time I’ve seen ATN mentioned in other forums it was always negatively.

It’s been a few days without any reply to your original post so I thought I’d let you what little I’ve heard. Sorry I didn’t have more information.

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed, thank you for your reply. I hadn't seen or heard of them until I looked for sites on the auction sites. I'll probably use the Holosite or something comparable to that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mike,
I have a ATN "Digital" Ultra Sight on my Colt M-4 rifle but I have not utilized the sight yet as the M-4 is still brand new. It was part of a package deal from the class II manufacturer that custom made the rifle. Upon observation, it resembles a Colt C-More Sight. The exterior of the sight looks very good and it appears to be able to handle abuse. The owners manual indicates that the difference between the Ultra Sight and the "Digital" Ultra Sight is that the Ultra Sight utilizes 4 reticle patterns that is changed via a selector knob. It also has a 11 position reticle brightness control knob located on the bottom of the sight (see photograph you posted from e-bay) The "Digital" Ultra Sight utilizes a 5 reticle pattern that is changed via a button located on the right side of the sight behind the power button and + - buttons located on the left side of the sight to control the reticle brightness. The Ultra Sight utilizes a Dot, Circle with Dot, Cross Hair and Open Cross Hair with Dot reticle pattern while the "Digital" Ultra Sight utilizes a Dot, Post, Post with Dot, Open Cross Hair and Cross Hair reticle pattern. Both are PARALLAX FREE, WATERPROOF, SHOCKPROOF and come with a 2 YEAR WARRANTY! ATN stands for American Technologies Network Corporation but it also says "Black Lion Optics" by ATN on the box. I think the sights are Russian manufactured but I am not sure. Maybe someone on this forum knows. Anyway, I will not bash ATN until I try out the sight. I have already purchased a Aimpoint Comp M red dot sight for my M-4 but have not changed the sights yet until I try the ATN first. I hope this helps out some. I will post results later when I shoot the M-4.:)
RAMBULM5

Custom Colt M4 A3 Pre-ban 5.56mm (Unfired)
Robinson Armament M96 Recon 5.56mm
Springfield Armory M1A Scout Synthetic .308 (Unfired)
Springfiled Armory/Beretta BM-59 Pre-ban .308 (Unfired)
Krebs Custom AK-74M 5.45x39 (On order)
Remington/Scattergun Technologies 870 12 gauge (Unfired)
Browning A-Bolt SS II .270 w/Leupold VX1 3-9x40 scope (Unfired)
Mossberg Ulti-mag Shotgun 12 gauge
Springfield Armory TGO 1 #26 .45
Springfield Armory TGO 1 #27 .45 (Unfired)
Springfield Armory PC 9112 Custom Operator .45 (On order)
BUL M5 Commander .45
Glock 23 .40
Smith and Wesson Model 686 Stainless .357 4"
Smith and Wesson Model 60 Stainless .38 2"

·
Premium Member
8,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RAMBULM5,

thanks for the info. I may just wait on that purchase until I hear more about what goes with your site. I know the handgun recoil -even 45 ACP - is more severe than a rifle caliber recoil. Well that is typical caliber rifle recoil, nothing like Ross Seigfreid would build. LOL!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not many happy folks with the ATN, seems like it swaps dots while your shooting and is generaly a low quality piece of crap, Stiick with good quality like Aimpoint.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've 3 shooters attempt to use these and in all cases some fell off and made the scope unusable and in 2 cases not repairable. Now all 3 shooters use C-Mores.

Now all 3 of these were the non-digital ones. All three were on Open/Pin guns. First blew off the intensity knob. Second broke the verticle adjustment screw. 3rd wrecked the Diode somehow.

·
Premium Member
8,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, looks like the jury is in on this one...for me anyway. Seems the ATN doesn't like the recoil impulse of a handgun so its off to one the other makes. And I am looking at these sights for two pistols...an open pin gun I am building/experimenting with and a softball bulleye pistol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts