1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Catholic, I often have to deal with the pacifist nature of the modern form of the religion (which is certainly ironic given the Church's history). At last there is a Catholic society of particular interest to me. The St. Gabriel Possenti Society is dedicated to promoting St. Gabriel Possenti as the Patron Saint of Handgunners. Here is their address: http://www.possentisociety.com

Bob

·
Registered
201 Posts
Please.....Stop it !!!

I'm crying....I can't stop laughing....

Please....help me.........

A lizzard.....ohhh mmmmmmy god!!!

I can't take it.......

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
ocbizlaw,

I read about that in one of Col. Cooper's column, although he didn't mention the society.

Indeed, in many ways, the "church" in Rome is a departure from the Catholic Faith.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Shooting the lizard. . . well since he was the only one there to fight off the soldiers that does say a little for his gumption does it not? Considering that the story does not mention anyone else there to step up to the plate to fight the soldiers.

Rather then knocking the society's basis, why not just be happy that there's another society that is for us and not against us?

Derek

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't get cannonized for single incident during your lifetime. the incident is simply the basis for getting the Catholic Church to recognize the God given right to exercise a little courage and stick up for yourself and your community where appropriate.

Bob

·
Banned
34 Posts
The attitudes of the Vatican don't surprise anyone. They are trying to be the "One World Religion". I know several avid shooters who are Catholic. At least one has "fallen awa" because of the attitude of disarmament of the populace nodded at by the Vatican.
I would be greatly surprised if the present pope had ever read the bible. He is a political figure, primarily, as the pope has always been.
This is the reason that "faith" is counterproductive if you simply believe the party line from your church and refuse to question or investigate ulterior motives.

As Leonidas said, when his soothesayer asked if he wanted him to "read the entrails of a lamb"...
"Today, we carve our own omens..."

·
Registered
691 Posts
The true patron saint of the Handgun would have to be Ogun from Santaria. Besides, Santaria is a lot cooler than Christianity.

A shame I believe in neither one.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts