1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and sure am glad I found this forum..
I have recently purchased the Norinco 1911 used for Aust $500. Thats about $246 USD.
It came with 4 mags, Lee die set, case, brass and lead and Pachmyer grippers.
It included a recoil spring/rod and sear spring (wolff).
I reckon I got a pretty good deal.
I haven't shot it yet but will report when I get down to the range. I read very good things about this gun so am looking forward to it. I've had Para's and Smiths in the past.
Can anyone help me with an owners manual though, can't seem to score one anywhere.
Keep up the great work with the forum!!!
Would attach a pic if I could work out how..:)

Steve

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Welcome, Steve to both the 1911Forum and this section of it. Oh yes, welcome to the world of Norincos. Heck if this keeps up this forum may even have daily posts.

As to manuals, you will have to keep looking. I had an extra one that another of our members now has. The manuals that came with the pistols shipped to the US were not much but then agai no one seems to pack a really good manual with their stuff now days anyway.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
817 Posts
Austrailia? I thought all guns were banned down under? Especially hand guns. A little more info on your gun laws would be appreciated. Unless your now a "Badguy" as I will become if we ever have laws prohibiting handguns.

·
Registered
32 Posts
HI and welcome steve if you wish i could run my manual through the scanner and email it to you.Theres not really a lot to them though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Nikon, if its not too much trouble I would luv for you to send the manual.
My addy is: [email protected]
Much appreciated!!!

ScottsGT
Handguns aren't banned in Australia they are just harder to acquire. I suppose being an ex cop helped my but generally all you have to do is be a member of a pistol club for 6 months then apply. You have do do safety courses too. Alot of forms latter and you have your handgun licence. You must however attend the range at least once a month to maintain the licence.
Once you have your licence, you can purchase as many as you like. You need to submit an "acquire" form nominating the type of gun you want to purchase then after about 7 days you get the permit. You take this to the gunshop and buy your gun.
Its true that semi auto shotguns and rifles are banned here after the Port Arthur shootings in Tasmania. I had to hand back a beautiful Benelli semi auto shotgun. You got compensated for it but I still miss that gun.
It's funny though but you are prohibited from owning a semi auto long arm but an easily concealable handgun is still legal!!
Bloody crazy guns laws!!
Hope this enlightens all about Aussie gun laws.
Cheers
Steve.
PS can any one advise how to post a pic so I can show u my Rinco?

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Not being picture posting "literate" myself, I don't know for sure but I seem to remember a thread or two posted in Site Suggestions on the topic, you may ahve to do a search.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Welcome
Glad you still can own firearms down under but what a god aweful shame it is all that you have to do to acquire one

------------------
The path of the rightous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish
and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and justice
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truely his brothers keeper
and the finder of lost children and I will strike down upon thee with great vengence
and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother and you will know
my name is the Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee

·
Registered
817 Posts
"generally all you have to do is be a member of a pistol club for 6 months then apply."

So let me get this straight; you don't own a gun yet, but you have to join a club for 6 months first. What do you do for the first 6 months? Point your finger at the target and yell "BANG" and hope the target responds? Who ever made up that law needs to be voted out of office!
Which came first, the chicken or the egg??

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
From what I understand, during the first 6 months you can use the club's firearms until your license comes in.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for all your comments, you are right Jim.
For the first 6 months at the club, you use the clubs guns. You do the safety courses then too. I agree with you ScottsGT, its crazy. Ah well I am well past all that anyway..:)
Thanks alot Nikon too..manual came thru perfect..much appreciated!
Steve

·
Registered
838 Posts
Steve V,

Your gun laws sounds almost as silly as ours here in the Great White North.

We also have the added restrictions of not being able to own any handguns with barrels shorter then 105mm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by n2299:
We also have the added restrictions of not being able to own any handguns with barrels shorter then 105mm.
Hi there, I have yet to hear about the restriction of 105mm. I beleive that would be 4inches, am I correct? Does that apply to all handguns? What about Colt Officers model, for instance, with a 3.5" (88.9mm) barrel?

------------------
You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get
yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days
is to go about repeating the very phrases which our
founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.

·
Registered
345 Posts
New 1911 addict
105mm is around 4". With our new law, if you owned a handgun with a 4" barrel or shorter you were "grandfathered" with it. After the law was passed, you couldn't purchase a 4" barreled handgun anymore as they are now considered prohibited under the new law. The only way you can buy another is if you are already grandfathered in status. There was also a period in between when the law was tabled and enacted that people bought the short barreled guns, but were told that they may have to hand them in when told so because they were not grandfathered. That still hasn't happened yet, but will. So much for gun politics.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
The four inch rule was used up here because the anti gun crowd figured that ws the length they could get away with and move as many guns as possible into the prohibited classification.

I know of at least one individual with a criminal record (B&E) who was grandfathered becasue he had a 2 inch gun prior to the change. What a dam farce. You yanks should look into importing some of our under 4 inch guns. They are dirt cheap up here now as there is virtually no market for them (Legally).

The Asian drug gangs don't seem to have stopped using them in Vancouver against each other. Wish they had more ammo and shot more!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Steve, a cordial welcome to the Forum from the world's leading--as far as I know, anyways--collector of Norinco 1911 pistols!:D Be sure to read the excellent "Sticky" thread that Professor Emeritus Jim V has compiled. It's chock full of 'Rinco info.

·
Registered
79 Posts
With all the posts they generate, andgiven their well though of reputation, why is it Norinco's do not have their own forum topic when guns like Rock River Arms merit THEIR own forum!?!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Claven2 said:
With all the posts they generate, andgiven their well though of reputation, why is it Norinco's do not have their own forum topic when guns like Rock River Arms merit THEIR own forum!?!
Use to :bawling:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts