1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, just got an Auto Ordinance (Kahr) 1911A1 WWII parkerized model and was a little surprised by the inclusion of what looks like a Colt 80 series safety.

Can I just put in a stock firing pin and spring, drop the slide button out and continue firing?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,639 Posts
No

In addition, you must remove the extra frame parts (two levers) and replace them with a filler plate (available from Brownell's for about $3). If left in place, the lever that is protruding up from your frame can sometimes catch on the edge of the plunger hole in the slide when you remove the firing pin plunger.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BBBBill said:
In addition, you must remove the extra frame parts (two levers) and replace them with a filler plate (available from Brownell's for about $3). If left in place, the lever that is protruding up from your frame can sometimes catch on the edge of the plunger hole in the slide when you remove the firing pin plunger.

Thanks BBBBill,
can you point me to the Brownells part number... I'm lousy at navigating their website and only marginally faster going thru their paper version

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
That's interesting about the WWII Auto-Ordnances... I was inspecting one of the new-style WWIIs this summer (with vertical instead of slanted cocking serrations) and while it did not have the Series 80 plunger or lever, the extractor did have a cut-out for the plunger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts