1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know in the past their have been some threads regarding Kahr's take over of this company. Anyone else heard about Kahrs ties with the Rev. Moon?

·
Registered
6 Posts
**Disclaimer** This is hearsay, so take it FWIW.

As I understand it, the Moon conection to Kahr is through a son who is esentially Persona Non Grata with the "Reverend". Doesn't sound like there is any direct connection to the Unification Church, or it's followers.

Happy Shootin'... Mac

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my understanding his son is very active in his church and thats where the money came from to purchase it. Hope not they WW2 Pakerized 1911's looked nice

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could be. I'd read on a couple of differant boards that supposedly there wasn't any real connection, but the Internet is a vast sea of dis-information. It would be nice to get a definate answer, as I'm also sitting on the fence on this one.

Mac

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Washington Post reports that corporate and phone records and interviews with disenchanted ex-cultists confirm the little-known connection: The lucrative Kahr Arms is owned by Saeilo, Inc. -- a filthy tentacle of 79-year-old Moon's many-armed auto and machine-tool empire, said to be worth billions.

The Messiah's firearms are increasingly popular of late due to their quality construction and compact, easily-concealed design. The 9mms -- touted by Combat Handguns magazine as "made like a fine Swiss watch" -- go for $750 apiece and, says Soldier of Fortune magazine, are perfect for "close range, high stress, rapid-fire desperation shooting when all else has failed."

Kahr's own ads explain that the gats are "the perfect pocket pistol," with "no safeties to fumble with when the pressure is on." Many police officers seem to agree, and now carry Kahrs as backups on their shoulders or beneath their pants legs.

Kahr also manufactures .40-caliber handguns, and only last month purchased Auto-Ordnance Corp., manufacturer of the famous Thompson submachine gun, or Tommy Gun. Kahr now awaits federal permission to develop fully automatic machine guns, apparently for export sale.

Moon bought the Kahr business four years ago for his fourth son, 28-year-old Kook Jin "Justin" Moon, an arms enthusiast and one of the church's "True Children." Little Moon is now running the plant, located in Worcester, Mass., where employees are reportedly admonished to reach sales figures in honor of the "True Father."

One Up Enterprises, the holding company of Moon's batty cult, has long acknowledged its ownership of many Moon ventures bearing the name "Saeilo" -- for example, Saeilo Machinery (USA) Inc., a machine tool firm. The companies share a telephone number and address in Blauvelt, N.Y.

Recently, however, One Up claimed in a statement that it "is not involved with the operations of Saeilo, Inc." Indeed, say some ex-members, the Unification Church's policy has always been to obscure its connections to its gun racket.

"They were afraid if anti-cult groups found out, they'd have a field day," one former member said.

Little wonder, since the cult's regular practice is to ask initiates for personal donations on a scale akin to a pyramid scheme -- eventually, church donations culminate with one's life savings. Would that the newcomers knew their money was helping the "True Father" better compete with Smith & Wesson.

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Moonies also own The Washington Times
whose editorial postion is pro-gun.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Kahr.

[This message has been edited by nvcdl (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
I want a 1911, and I've noticed that people have been saying that these Auto-Ordnance bad boys do the trick, and they have an appealing price. I'm going to a gun show this sat, and I will be looking for a 1911 for around $400. Will the A-O WWII edition 1911's be somewhere in that price range? Should I be looking for Auto-Ordinance, or should I refer to it as Kahr? Please help!!

------------------
As always, thanks for the help
-Ryan

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
W1911, you would be better of with a Norinco if you can find one, usually new in box for around $350.00, have owned several and all were dependable.

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wanta, the Kahr/Auto Ordnance 1911 is tested
by Walt Rauch in the current issue of Combat Handguns. In brief, Rauch states that the weapon is reliable, feeds JHP ammo, but suffers from the GI sights and grip safety. Suggested price range is from $400.00-$470.00

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
wanta1911, for $430 or therabouts you can get a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec. While I own an Auto Ordnance, I've been told by a world class gunsmith that their parts are not heat treated while S/A is. For what it's worth, I've got 2,719 rounds through my Thompson and it has yet too hiccup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts