1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
It took 2 - 3 weeks for me and I live in SF/Oakland area.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Two experiences for me.

In both cases they returned it in less than a week. One was for sight replacement ( 2 days in shop ) and one had a loose plunger tube (1 day in shop).

A friend of mine is not having so much luck, two weeks and counting for him. His problem is more complicated though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
13 days for my Pro CDP. They replaced slide with internal exractor. My Ultra Carry II is going on a month and I called them today and they said maybe next week. No notice, it just showed up.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
I sent my failure-to-extracting Kimber Ultra IIe in on a Monday and had it back Wednesday of the same week! Very fast.

I'd have been more impressed, however, if the pistol had been fixed. Failed to extract right away.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
656 Posts
Had frame cracks in my ProCDP on the dust cover. Dennis said to send it back. Sent it back Fedex overnight, they fit a new frame to my slide and fit all of my internals to the new frame. Overnighted it back to me. Total time away was under two weeks.

Can't complain about that turn time!

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Received on 10/11....returned today. Pro CDP II

Barrel chamber reamed
Barrel chamber polished
Extractor replaced 120

Let's see if it's fixed...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bought a used Series I at a pawnshop. Sent it in for some FTF problems. Kimber didn't charge me anything and it took them less than 2 weeks to get it back to me. :rock:

·
Registered
400 Posts
It still has the original external extractor, which I haven't had any problems with yet, but I've only shot approx. 200 rnds. I haven't made it back to the range since it has come back, so I haven't tested it yet.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
My Eclipse Ultra IIe was returned to me today. No new slide with internal extractor :bawling:

Instead:
Extractor, replaced
Barrel Chamber, reamed
Slide Stop, adjusted

Well, I hope it works. I'm skeptical.

It was filthy so I know it was fired because I sent it clean. And the slide stop was giving me intermitent problems, but I though I was hitting it with my finger causing it to lock back. I never mentioned the slide stop in my letter so they found that problem on their own. They filed it down because it's bare metal now where they filed it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My Pro Carry IIe went to Kimber on 9/18 for ejecting cases into my head. I called Dennis, he said send it back.

Came back on 10/24 as a Pro Carry II no "e". They replaced the slide (internal extractor) and the ejector (seems to be in the white). No calls or emails from Kimber.

The thing was filthy with a few more dings in the feed ramp. Funny, because I asked them if they could polish the ramp (I know, I know, it's aluminum) and it came back looking like they tried to cycle a few dozen empty brass shells through it.

The big problem isn't the dinged ramp. It's that I fell for a 5" Colt while the Kimber was gone and now I have some explaining to do... :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
First time in, 23 days. I got a new extractor (external) and polished ramp. Still failed to extract. No call from Kimber, it just showed up.

Second time in, 17 days. I got a new slide with an internal extractor. I talked to Dennis/Ray almost every day and they swore they would call or email me when it was shipped back. They never did.

The gun works great now.

Adam

1 - 20 of 20 Posts