1911Forum banner

Aw Ban

320 5
Just a reminder if you haven't noticed. President Bush said he will sign the extension of the Assault Weapon Ban. Democrats say they will try to strengthen the ban that goes to him. GOP leaders (ie: DeLay) say they will fight attempts to make it MORE restrictive. They DO NOT SAY THEY WILL FIGHT A RENEWAL as it is currently written! I think the GOP is fixing to cave ina major way - AGAIN
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Write your Congressmen and Senators now, don't fail to send them a letter every single month till 04'.

Let them know they will lose your vote if they vote wrong.

Don't give up without a fight.

Someone once said, and I paraphrase..........

The way for evil to win is for good men to sit around and do nothing.

· Registered
8,947 Posts
The last I had heard either Hastert or Delay had said they didnt have the votes and probably wouldnt even be bringing it up for a vote. Do you have a source for them saying they are going to bring it up for a vote?

If so Ill throw another letter at them telling them that I wont be voting Republican if they renew the AW and High Cap Mag Ban.

Dont forget in your letters to mention that you dont want to see a renewal of the High Cap Mag Ban either. No point in having a flashhider and a sharp thingie if you cant have standard capacity magazines.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Delay was quoted as saying there weren't votes for STRENGTHENING the ban. There was no indication the measure would be buried. The story read that conservatives were trying to decide if they want to fight Dems over this issue right before the election. My source is simply CNN and Fox reports published last week.

· Registered
8,947 Posts
Again where is the source. Give me a link. Ill write Delay and get all my friends and family to do so as well, anyways, but I would to reference the article. The story on Foxnews.com that I read last week said they are debating whether to reintroduce it at all.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been searching for it but can't find it via either source. I promiss I didn't dream it up:)

I'll post it if I find it. I did find an article today, from a few months ago, where Hastert was backtracking on statements that it would not be brought up. He said it would depend on talks with others including the president, who supports the ban:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts