1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the deadline for the Assault Weapon Ban's renewal or sunsetting looms less than a year away, is there any coherent & persuasive PR campaign in place to reach out to Joe Citizen and convince him of the wisdom of allowing this ban to sunset?
Will propagandists in the lineage of Mike Meyers dominate this issue in the public's eye?
Are pro gun rights organizations in place to gain the upper hand?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Well I went to the AWB sticky, and posted several of those example emails on every forum I can find, as well as the direct link to the congress/rep.

Might not seem like much, but its the most I can do on the net.

·
Registered
983 Posts
A lot of people, who are otherwise very small minorities, have gotten together and had some "rights" found in the US constitution, and respected by politicians despite the fact that, in many cases, the majority of the population doesn't like them.

Since as gunowners, we don't yet have any "rights" - might help to take a page out of their books.

The majority of people, even the majority of gun owners, don't care about "assault weapons".

Hopefully, as with these other causes, this small minority can be shown to care about the ban lapsing than others care about putting it back.

The way to win? Let's make some noise!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts