1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
dose anyone from arizonia know if the gov passed the bill to make carrying a gun concealed without apermit a misdemeaner and it would only be a 50dollar fine.i heard this bill has made it to her desk a couple of times
ingoodstanding
GOA
JPFO
NRA

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, it is a class 1 misdemeanor (A.R.S. 13-3102.A.1) and upheld in case law in Dano v. Collins .

I am not sure about the maximum fine.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
If I recall correctly, a Class One Misdemeanor is the most serious level of misdemeanor in AZ. As such, the fine statutory fine would be significantly more than $50.00, and also include the possibility of imprisonment, particularly for repeated offenses. Conviction for illegally carrying a concealed weapon would probably also result in forfeiture of the weapon.

I rather doubt that the Democratic Governor of AZ would sign legislation reducing the monetary penalty to $50.00 and reclassifying illegal concealed carry to a lesser misdemeaner. Her reasoning would probably be that this would encourage people to ignore the statutory CCW requirements. Also, law enforcement would probably object because the gangbanger types would get off with less of a slap on the wrist than they probably already do.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
I believe the proposal was to reduce the violation to a petty offense.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well hjk the gangbangers here do get off with a slap on the wrist.my neighbor hood has turned into a armed camp because of the drug dealing and the tweakers stealing any thing they can lay there hands on.i lived in this neihbor hood and also have a small harley repair shop on my property for different periods of 25 years the last two have been the worst.i
live and work with a gun on .reponse time for the maricopa sheriffs is 20 minutes or more were i live and it's not there fault because there is only four of them at night time i really don't care about the cwc because we have a open carry law. i would carry concealed if they go to the vermont law.i will not subject myself to filling out forms and fingerprinting that the fbi or who knows puts me on another list.i had heard on the news that they were going to drop it to a misdemeanor with a 50 dollar fine months ago but there was no follow up report.our news on tv and newspapers print the world as they see it and even lie about the tempature.so i'll keep carring my 45 open for the world to see its probally better that way people are a hell of alot politer

GOA
NRA
JPFO

·
Registered
160 Posts
House Bill 2321 was to change it from a class 1 misdemeanor to a petty offense. I believe it was held in Senate. I do not know if there is still a bill pending for the upcoming session.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
If the legislative session in which the Bill was introduced is over, the Bill will have to be reintroduced and the process will start all over again.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
tthiel said:
Paul13, I understand why you don't want to be fingerprinted etc. but is it really a good thing if the penalty is minor? Wouldn't that mean the criminals you are concerned about would be more likely to carry concealed also or do you think they just don't care anyway?
No because felons and such can be charged with multiple state and federal charges for merely possessing a weapon. Carrying concealed without a permit should be like driving without a seatbelt tops.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they allready carry concealed thats what criminals do, hes not going to walk down town mesa or Phoenix with a gun on his side,because if a cop stops him to id him he's going to come up a felon.on the other hand if i'm stopped and ran i come up clean.if your new to this area and stopped for a traffic violation the first thing to do is inform the officer that you are armed you will get along alot better with him than if you don't and keep your hands on the streeing wheel were he can see them and you should put it on the dash board were he can see it,he will ask you for it and he will unload it ,when your business is done he will give it back to you unloaded and tell you not to load it till he's gone.but always tell him right away

·
Registered
160 Posts
Huh? I get a headache reading you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello Paul

Being we have a demonkratic govenor our gun rights are at risk...although not as bad as a few years ago before the domons realized the gun control issue is a looseing platform for them.
The more citizens who obtain theire CCW...the harder it will be to take the right away. It's like voteing...every one counts.
A state approved CCW class is very informative to boot...besides goeing over basics of gun safety the law is covered more extensively then I would have thought. Besides.....haveing a CCW I think would only be a plus if one is involved in a shooting to save a life. It shows one took the time and expense to go through the process of complying with the law weather or not you choose to carry concealed or open.
We enjoy great freedom here in AZ and we must do everything we can to keep it that way:)
Tha's bout all.
Have a very good and safe day.
Sigkim

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just thought of this

I almost forgot. If one was caught with a concealed gun and is not a permit holder, what impact would that have on your eligibility to carry a firearm in the future....with or without a permit....I would just take the 50.00 bucks and get my permit...mine was 60.00 if I remember correctly.
Sigkim

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
first of all i got my tranning in boot not by some instructor who's there to make money. don't be so navie to think majority rules in this country.have you ever served in the army'or busted for a dui or anything that you had to be fingerprinted for.if you weren't you are now.they got were you live what kind of gun or guns you have and you gave it to them,right now we have worst laws then the nazi goverment, go to gunowners of america and read the THE PATRIOT ACT II and what are you going a do when they finally say turn them in like they did in California and if you don't think it came happen here just follow the sheep and the 30 years of compromising the NRA has done and if this gives somebody a headache i got two words for you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts