1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put B-Square mounts on a 1903? Do you really NOT need a smith to put them on? Can you still use iron sights?I have Lyman Peep sights on it now,,dead accurate at 100yds with 180 gr. factory loads, and I would hate to have to take them off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't answer all your questions, but will share my Dad's experience with the B-square on a 1903.

I don't remember him having any trouble installing it, or it requiring any gunsmithing - BUT ...

He did have some problems with the mount wobbling or moving, so much so that we had a hard time zeroing his scope. Sorry I can't remmember exactly why it had this problem, but in the end, he took it off and had a gunsmith custom-make a mount for the gun.

I would avoid the 1903 B-square based on this experience.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, but I already put the mount on and had problems right away. After everything was tightened down, the scope was not inline with the reciever and barrel. I had to take it to a smith anyway who had to grind down a major part of the mount to get the scope in line. Now I have to take it to a range and see if I can sight it in. We'll see, then I'll post the results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts