1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second time this Colt Repro-70 has been to Chuck, no problems, just additions. What a guy. If you've never felt his golfball frame treatment, you don't know what a firm grip is! This time he did a bobtail for me, golfballed the new MSH, crowned the barrel, dimpled the off-side slide stop, and did a GS and trigger tuneup. The internals and original parts swap were done by Slydlok, and the sights are Ted Yost's wonderful classic rear and very visible gold-inlaid front blade. Grips are VZ's black blasted canvas, look better every day. I love the "well worn" look of them as they age.

·
Premium Member
20,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scottsdale Road and Thomas? Probably saw you in there. Love the work you're putting out, see you at the SHOT Show!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very nice pistol. Chuck did a front strap treatment for me on a caspian frame a while back. Although I had scallops put in I can say that Chuck's front strap treatments are second to none. The frame he returned to me feels more comfortable than any other 1911 I have ever fired. I really like the basic but well thought out options on your pistol. A truly nice custom Colt.

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
I am no fan of the asslift (I mean Bobtail), but the rest of the gun is pure awesome.

·
Premium Member
20,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turnaround time depends on where you take Chuck out for dinner!
We talked about that today...his full customs are time consuming. An occasional little cash job like mine helps him pay the mortgage, and doesn't really interrupt his flow.

The "asslift" is something I've considered for years. I've got an Ed Brown Kobra Carry and a customized Kimber Pro SLE both bobtailed, and I love them. I've wondered about a bobtail on a full-sized 1911, and just decided to go for it. I've had it in my hands for ten hours, and I couldn't be happier. I was worried about the heavier longer barrel/slide pulling the grip down, but it doesn't happen. I wish I would have done this years ago since I carry IWB, and the muzzle length has never been an issue. The grip just disappears under a baggy t-shirt with this gun!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Nice looking gun AZ
I like the all business look, Chuck’s custom work blends smoothly with the base gun.
Did you retain the factory Colt barrel? Some nice crown work there as well.
Good Luck with your Colt

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Chuck is indeed awesome and a great guy to deal with. He did my Lightweight Officers for me and it's been perfect from Day 1.

I need to have him do me up a gun like that. Bobtails don't agree with me but they do reduce the profile. I like the rear sight, very cool and simple. The front is, too. I might only add a flattened and serrated slide. Damn that thing is nice!:bawling:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks fantastic!

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
This thread has me thinking maybe I should retire to Arizona so I can be around talented pistolsmiths. I'll have to build a bunker with my own indoor range too. Chuck is a great pistolsmith.:rock:

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
That really does look great. I might have to swing down to Arizona on summer break and see about taking Chuck out to dinner. Any suggestions? Three weeks to SHOT.

Robert

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
reb,
WARNING:
Chuck's tastes run to Live Maine Lobster, English Truffles and 30 year old Bourbon.
:eek:

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
That really does look great. I might have to swing down to Arizona on summer break and see about taking Chuck out to dinner. Any suggestions? Three weeks to SHOT.

Robert
Close to the SHOT...Rosewood Grille & Lobster House

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Wow, that's awesome! What a beauty! Man, it would almost be a shame to hold that thing without rubber gloves.....

Almost.....

;)

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Fast cars?
1974 Chevy short bed 4whl....300,000+ miles. One of the doors matches the color of the cab.

Fast women?
Wife of 32 years. Schoolteacher. Mother of my daughter.

I'm scairt of live lobsters and even the guts of dead ones.
Truffles? Uhhhh....what is it?
Jack Daniels has been around a lot longer than 30 years.

:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi, AZ ... nice gun, man. Do you have any photos of the left side of the gun you could share? Thanks.

·
Registered
1911 Pistol smith
463 Posts
First class work out of Prescott Valley, beautiful as always. Chuck is the man to see for a working man's gun (or any other 1911) and a class act of a human being.

Chuck hope to see you in Vegas! First round is on me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts