1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Gold Cup with a Wilson adjustable rear sight out to the range, despite a nippy 35 degrees. Well, the sight busted - cracked and the guts flew all over. Target loads (LSWC). The windage screw busted on this sight once before, and Wilson promptly fixed it. Has anyone had problems with this sight? The original equipment Champion sight was a waste of iron molecules, but I was sure the Wilson would resolve the matter permanently. It really wasn't that cold.:bawling:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
BJ,
I have four Wilson 1911 pistols, two with their adjustable sights and two with their fixed sights. The only problem encountered with any of the four pistols was that after about 750 shots, part of the adjustable rear sight on one of the Classic pistols broke off. When I called Wilson, they told me to ship the slide and broken sight only (without barrel, bushing, receiver) back to them for immediate free replacement. Something was said about a batch of sights with poor metal tempering as I recall. The slide was back in my hands 6 days later, including a weekend, with a new adjustable rear sight. That gun now has 2500+ rounds through it with no more problems. Give them a call tomorrow.

Good shooting and be safe.
LB

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BJ,
I have four Wilson 1911 pistols, two with their adjustable sights and two with their fixed sights. The only problem encountered with any of the four pistols was that after about 750 shots, part of the adjustable rear sight on one of the Classic pistols broke off. When I called Wilson, they told me to ship the slide and broken sight only (without barrel, bushing, receiver) back to them for immediate free replacement. Something was said about a batch of sights with poor metal tempering as I recall. The slide was back in my hands 6 days later, including a weekend, with a new adjustable rear sight. That gun now has 2500+ rounds through it with no more problems. Give them a call tomorrow.

LB

Sounds like I got once of the bad batch. Mine only had about 2500 rounds on it and broke twice. Hope I get a good one this time. Mine broke right above the windage adjustment screw. All the guts flew out, lost a the corner of the sight that broke off.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Have the adjustable sight on Wilson Combat Classic, little over 11,000 rounds, so far so good.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Quote: "Sounds like I got once of the bad batch. Mine only had about 2500 rounds on it and broke twice. Hope I get a good one this time. Mine broke right above the windage adjustment screw. All the guts flew out, lost a the corner of the sight that broke off."

BJ,
That sounds like exactly what happened to my rear sight also. Hopefully you will get a good sight this time. Be sure to tell them this is the second replacement and perhaps they will pay for shipping both ways or give you some free mags.

LB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts