1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am obsessed right now with getting a Beretta 92fs. The only gun I would consider trading for the one at the local shop is my sistema colt that I did some home custom work to. Refinished frame with Brownells stainless finish, new fixed sights, new sears, new pins.

Help me not do it

·
Administrator
72,467 Posts
Ya, you'll take a huge hit. For the meager amount they'll give you on trade-in you can save up for a few more weeks and get the Beretta while keeping the Sistema. They'll still be making Berettas then. Actually, if I was looking to own a Betetta for the first time I'd be trying to scrounge up some hi-cap mags first, since they're harder to find than the actual gun!

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://usgi1911.tripod.com

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
dsk nailed it....If I consider buying a hi-cap pistol, I look for a mags. first.
Mag. ban was in '94 and good ones are getting scarce. Beretta is a classic and I've had a couple, but BIG by today's 9mm standards.
As an example I got a bug to buy a Browning BDA .380. Mags are going for $85, gun is around $400. So I understand your crave.
Don't trade your .45, you WILL regret it.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I've shot a Beretta 92FS for about three years and I sure wouldn't sell or trade a gun to get one. It's an OK combat weapon, but it's not accurate enough for target shooting. Stick your finger in the end of the barrel when the gun is in lock-up and start wiggling it back and forth.... enough said? I don't hate the gun, in fact it's probably the only auto I'd take to a gun fight because it never jams. It came with the point-of aim about four inches off and drove me crazy until I had adjustable sights installed (about $100). It's just frustrating to shoot because it throws a lot of flyers. If you want a nice (cheap) 9mm that really shoots good out of the box, please check out the CZ-85 Combat (about $425 new). I'm not flaming Berettas, but you might want to re-direct your obsession to something that will make you happier....

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Take two Brownings and call me in the morning.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I have calmed down now. What I really want is a hi cap Nine with a saftey decock. Now I want a Ruger P89. Had one once and should have never gotten rid of it.

I can save for one of those.

Do need a source for factory Hi caps though.

Thanks.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The Beretta Elite II is in a whole different league than the 92FS (of course it costs more also). You may want to look at one and if possible rent one. Its extremely accurate and mine has a nice tight fit. In the Dallas area Beretta factory hi-caps are plentiful and inexpensive ($30-50, in comparison to my Glock or HK hi-caps).

The Elite II is a "G" model that has a decocker only (no manual safety like the FS has). After decock the lever springs back to the ready position.

I have many guns from different manufacturers and while some come and go, I will NEVER sell my Beretta Elite II.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just made a deal for a Nice USed 92FS with 7 mags for $500 cdn.

Nice to have money when others are broke

any words of wisdom about berettas to watch out for ? Besides the locking block failure every 15K rounds ?

------------------
PROUD TO BE CANADIAN

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You will be sorry if your trade that fine old Sistema 1911 for that clunky Beretta, keep the 1911 and get a Glock 19 and live happily everafter.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Originally posted by QB:
I have many guns from different manufacturers and while some come and go, I will NEVER sell my Beretta Elite II.
Amen. Cold dead fingers, baby. Cold dead fingers. I sold my Kimber ($950) for $650, got my Elite II for $630. Don't regret it one bit. I love the damn thing. If you're short on cash, go the extra $200 or so and get the E2, you won't be solly.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Anybody seen the new Beretta Vertec? It's got a rail mount on the bottom of the frame for lighting devices and a new grip design. Kind of hard to explain, but I kind of like it....

·
Registered
71 Posts
C'mon, wazzup66, you know you're gonna do it. You gotta have that Beretta, think of those Special Forces guys on horseback that Rumsford showed us today.

They've all got Beretta 92s and M4s.

My Beretta never jams, and is the most accurate auto pistol I own.

Although, I talked to Teddy Jacobson tonight, and he said I could come get my 1991A1 next Tuesday!

Whaddya gonna do, stuff that money in your coffin?

Hehehehehe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't have a Beretta yet. I did shoot a few models at the range on BERETTA day, and liked the ELITE the best.It fit me like a glove..I am hoping that the HI-CAP BAN will soon end.It's nuts that all other countries can arm themselves with more firepower in hand guns than we can.My favorite shooters at this time are my HKs. Next month it may be GLOCKS.I like them all,but one, that I keep to have something to complain about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts