1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Looks like a Tequila job! I guess it goes to show that even famous smiths get hangovers from time to time.

Thanks for the pix, Son.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Looks more like the works of Mike Benedict.

------------------
"If she can cook chicken, she suits me to a T."
Ray Charles

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Son, You are Very good with a camera! Very.

This is a little side bar but these frames can be saved. We have don the checkering inserts on frames that have broken through. (20 and 30 Lpi) Not that our resident gunsmith guys would ever have a problem
but Just thought it worth mentioning. Aside from the soilder seam at the mag well and the fact that you could not get the top line perfect with no border you can not tell.
geo ><>

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Hi Precision Gunworks,
These frames were given to me to repair by different smiths through the years, I repaired some, but don't have time for this crap lately. One of the frames the smith tried to fill-in with solder and re-checker, I have more than this, the Springfield Son photo'ed, chrome frame, blue slide was a frame like these with a slide to match built for my brother, maybe Son can put the link up so you can click and compare, Metal Smith

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
"....suddenly, the alley was quiet. In the dead midnight air, the gunsmoke hung, thick and unwilling to be gone, like an uncouth joke at a five-hundred-dollar-a-plate fundraiser. Ned Danger wasn't sure if the fifteen swarthy thugs were all down for the count or just taking a break, and he didn't really care. He took advantage of the lull, deftly inserting a fresh clip (AAargh!) of .45 Rhino cartridges into his highly customized Government Model. The most valuable custom feature at a time like this was the cutaway frontstrap; there simply was none. The front edge of the clip (AAargh!!), once inserted, formed the forward edge of the big pistol's grip. He twirled it twice, contemplating some of his more sissified fellow men of action, who favored frilly, checkered frontstraps. He jacked the slide several times, just in case this was a TV show, and was again ready for action...."

[This message has been edited by Ned Christiansen (edited 05-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ned Christiansen (edited 05-30-2001).]

·
Registered
389 Posts
I know a lot of people in the Kimber forums tend to recommend buying the stock pistols and having them customized, but this is exactly why I went with the CDP. Anybody can claim to be a gunsmith, and unless you already know and trust one, this is the kind of work that can result.

------------------
"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."
-- James Thurber

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.