1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dreamt that I dropped my brand new MK25 and broke slide. So, I put it into the safe and found my Colt O1918 was rusted heap metal. I haven’t checked my safe yet, I know both guns are in there and will be in the condition I left them. I think what triggered the dream was a truck I was replacing windshields on yesterday. I accidentally dropped the old windshield and had to document the rust with pictures. Very weird.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread
Hood Automotive tire Water Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Reactions: Bedford

·
Premium Member
9,903 Posts
I have had bad dreams involving guns. One was that I was staying at a hotel in New York City (how I got there is never part of the dream). I had a bunch of my guns from my collection with me, and I needed to fly home in the morning. In the dream I realized I could not be in possession of guns in NYC, and so I could not take them, to the airport with me to check them in without getting busted in NYC and I had to decide whether to find a way to dispose of them since there was no way I could check them into my luggage with the TSA. But I had a bunch of my favorite and I didn't want to just throw them out. The other nightmarish dream is that I am being robbed by a night intruder and I can't find my guns, and when I find my favorite revolver the trigger is locked and its empty but I can't find my ammo( that damn internal S&W lock) :(. These have re-occurred a couple of times.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Given that I’m currently the only available caretaker for a relative with advanced dementia, I’m constantly dealing with wildly impossible dreams…that the relative cannot separate from reality.

This also provides further insights into the risks of having Joe Biden as Commander in Chief…it’s an inherently foolish chain of command at the very top. Foolish in every conceivable way.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Given that I’m currently the only available caretaker for a relative with advanced dementia, I’m constantly dealing with wildly impossible dreams…that the relative cannot separate from reality.

This also provides further insights into the risks of having Joe Biden as Commander in Chief…it’s an inherently foolish chain of command at the very top. Foolish in every conceivable way.
Been there done that with my 2nd father in law. One day it was 2010 next it was 1972 and he was back in the navy. I feel your pain brother.

·
Registered
628 Posts
My dreams about guns is mostly about finding pristine antiques in old dilapidated houses. They're either protected by violent ghosts or I actually get them and have to deal with the realization that I don't have them when I wake up.

·
Registered
390 Posts

My Father has dementia. I understand exactly what you're saying. Like you, I recognize dementia in Biden. It is downright dangerous for him to be occupying the White House. Although the dementia serves his masters well.

·
Registered
390 Posts
With my Paranode Wife who has Medical Problems, Covid-19 is the never ending nightmare.
I sympathize with you brother. The whole Covid thing is about creating fear and control. Unfortunately, some people are literally scared to death.

Reactions: chrysanthemum

·
Administrator
76,542 Posts
Like many people I've had dreams where I was being attacked, and when I grabbed one of my guns either it wouldn't fire or it seemed to be loaded with blanks, having no effect on my antagonist.

I also once had a dream where I found several nice guns in my safe that I didn't even know I had. What made it a bad dream was the fact that when I woke up I realized that nope, I didn't actually have them. :(

Reactions: chrysanthemum

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have had bad dreams involving guns. One was that I was staying at a hotel in New York City (how I got there is never part of the dream). I had a bunch of my guns from my collection with me, and I needed to fly home in the morning. In the dream I realized I could not be in possession of guns in NYC, and so I could not take them, to the airport with me to check them in without getting busted in NYC and I had to decide whether to find a way to dispose of them since there was no way I could check them into my luggage with the TSA. But I had a bunch of my favorite and I didn't want to just throw them out. The other nightmarish dream is that I am being robbed by a night intruder and I can't find my guns, and when I find my favorite revolver the trigger is locked and its empty but I can't find my ammo( that damn internal S&W lock) :(. These have re-occurred a couple of times.
Your dreams sound pretty bad! I looked in the book "How To Interpret Dreams", and the first dream seems to be concerned with going to, or being in, a commie-filled 3rd world hell-hole, such as NYC, Commiefornia, PTA meeting, holiday dinner with lib-tard family or living in a country with a senile/dementia/altimers (whatever) anti-gun commie running it. They recommended moving to a gun loving state, and/or never voting demonrat, and getting rid of all anti-gun/anti-American/pro-demonrat "friends" and/or avoiding lib-tard family members.

The second seems to be a warning/concern about needing all your guns to be locked up, or have trigger locks on them by "law". Also, demonrat politicos stealing your guns ("night intruder": backdoor gun control, red flag laws, mag limits, etc.), plus demonrat anti-ammo bills, and inflation, driving ammo prices up so that you can't find/afford ammo at any price (your money or your life) by stealing/destroying your rights/inflating money. They recommended never watching the BS that passes for local/network "news" on TV, radio, papers, (no news in the papers anyway), and to listen to Rush Limbaugh "best of" recordings, and/or the Clay and Buck Show. Also to keep a (loaded) gun handy where you can find it, in case it is your subconscious telling you the area may not be as safe as you think it is.

Admittedly these sorts of books are so general you can read anything into the means of the dreams, and the demonrat/commie/degenerate scum can also refer to/mean RINOs, politicos in general, never Trumpers, teacher's union, and other scum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I to had a reoccurring dream. I was conceal carrying a 3” 1911, in real life. I won’t give the manufacturer. I was having issues with it feeding, it wouldn’t feed 100% if the time once it hit about 600 rounds. So my dream was in the same environment every time, a pub type place. A gun fight breaks out, I put my family in a good covered place, go to scout/return fire, the first round goes out then click… I try immediate action but then the bad guy sees me then I see his bullet head right to me. I wake up in a sweat. I got the 3” 1911 to be reliable again but the dream continued. It got so bad I purchased a different ccw weapon, no names please, the dream has officially gone away. It has been about 3 years now. Needless to say my new ccw pistol has been 100% reliable through 800 rounds + or -.

·
Premium Member
6,167 Posts
My worst nightmare would be my daughter gaining possession of my firearms. Sadly, she takes after her mother (my ex-wife), a Democrat, who for whatever reason believes she was raised in a household where she played with loaded guns all the time. She admits there was NEVER any ammunition that they could find and all they could do was to look at the guns, but she truly believes she was in danger. Should she inherit my guns she would promptly turn them into the nearest "Buy Back" program and donate the money to Slow Joe. Thankfully, I've directed in my will that my guns go to my son and my stepdaughter who enjoys shooting.

Grumpy

·
Registered
232 Posts
My worst nightmare would be my daughter gaining possession of my firearms. Sadly, she takes after her mother (my ex-wife), a Democrat, who for whatever reason believes she was raised in a household where she played with loaded guns all the time. She admits there was NEVER any ammunition that they could find and all they could do was to look at the guns, but she truly believes she was in danger. Should she inherit my guns she would promptly turn them into the nearest "Buy Back" program and donate the money to Slow Joe. Thankfully, I've directed in my will that my guns go to my son and my stepdaughter who enjoys shooting.

Grumpy
I can relate. I filed for divorce in 2017. Divorce was finally signed off in April this year. I don't wish family court in NY to any father seeking custody. Nevermind a cop. Well over 6 digits in attorney fees for me and worse on her end. System set up by attorneys, for attorneys. Took a while but I retained the home and all 3 kids.

Dreams! Oh my! Thigs were so bad at times I had 2 particular dreams of my hand going into a cinder block with a rattlesnake coiled and I could not stop my hand from moving forward. Another was similar but no block and it was a copperhead. There is not much I am afraid of, snakes are one of em. I researched a while and apparently these dreams can represent a new beginning. I never had these dreams before and haven't since. I'll take sleep without the crazy dreams, thank you!

My kids have shot, and do enjoy shooting sports, albeit sporadically. My 13 year old watched "SHOOTER" series on Netflix and wanted to shoot a sniper rig. I took him last week to our range. I am retired, but was a LE instructor. I had to slow down and gather patience. He throws a baseball lefty, a football righty, ambi in basketball, but lefty in swing sports. Shooting righty was a disaster. A little digging and he is right eye dominant. Move to lefty and thigs were better. Recoil was no issues with 308 but we have work to do on bench technique!

Luckily my 10 year old daughter also enjoys a light recoil rifle shooting targets.

Tradesman Wood Saw Carpenter Table

Some will want to know. Last rifle I had built. Stiller TAC action; Hart SS 1/11 twist 6 groove; McMillian A3 stock (IIRC); Timney trigger; and Badger magazine hardware. Tack driver with GMM and my handloads of SMK 168 and 175gr. Only thing I did not like was the magazine. I thought I would prefer it but overall, na.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
I to had a reoccurring dream. I was conceal carrying a 3” 1911, in real life. I won’t give the manufacturer. I was having issues with it feeding, it wouldn’t feed 100% if the time once it hit about 600 rounds. So my dream was in the same environment every time, a pub type place. A gun fight breaks out, I put my family in a good covered place, go to scout/return fire, the first round goes out then click… I try immediate action but then the bad guy sees me then I see his bullet head right to me. I wake up in a sweat. I got the 3” 1911 to be reliable again but the dream continued. It got so bad I purchased a different ccw weapon, no names please, the dream has officially gone away. It has been about 3 years now. Needless to say my new ccw pistol has been 100% reliable through 800 rounds + or -.
That dream might have come from some sort of divine source. A wise protector looking out for you. Who knows!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts