1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the text of my letter to Wilson's Combat. They were aware of having defective parts -- but sent them to me anyway.

As per my conversation with Frank this morning I am returning for credit the ambi safety and chamber cleaning tool.

The ambi safety is not stainless as I ordered, and the chamber cleaning tool’s plastic handle is stripped.

I find it discouraging that you knew about the stripped threads on the chamber cleaning tool, yet did not cull them from your ‘new and improved’ ones.

While I have done business with you in the past, I am not so sure about the future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gary, I had the same trouble with them over the chamber cleaning tool. They sent me three of them over three separate times that were stripped. Finally, I had Frank walk down to the bin while talking to me, pull one out and lo and behold it was stripped.

I must say that everything else I've gotten from them has been first rate and except for this one episode, customer service has been outstanding. Don't be afraid to give them another try. I just wish I could afford one of their pistols!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am a newbie on the 1911, please educate me. What is a chamber cleaning tool? I had a chamber brush for an AR15, but never heard of this tool. Thank you!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used the WC chamber cleaning tool once -
the scratches it produced seemed excessive
IMO.

I have purchased some bronze .50 cal brushes
from Brownells' and use them for all my cleaning - they are sufficiently oversize to
clean the chamber and are a bit more
aggressive on the barrel ..

Best !!

·
Registered
18 Posts
NewToy, the chamber cleaning tool is an oversize brush to clean your barrel chamber. In Wilson's case they make the brush out of stainless steel, hence the scratches SouthGun is referring to. They do include a warning with the tool but after I saw the warning I decided the stainless just wasn't for me.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
You know, this is one of those things that should not happen, but does. All companies screw up at some time. What is interesting is that Wilson Combat has such a good reputation that when somebody has a problem with a fairly minor accessory tool that a lot of people don't even use, it gets posted as a bad mark for the company.

Don't get me wrong, problems such as these should not happen. Complaints of this magnitude, however, do not bother me significantly. It actually speaks well of the rest of the company when major complaints are on more minor matters.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I've dealt with Wilson Combat on a number of occasions, and each time I left happy. Even when the screw-up is on my end, they've still taken care of me (like the time I was staking my hammer strut and the punch slipped and did major hammer damage). They probably laughed at me being such a hack, but they've given me great service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts