1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a couple bad habits that I have sense stopped doing , but did for a long time . I used to drop a round in the chamber by hand and let the slide slam home. I also would rack the slide to lock-open then hit the slide release without a round in the chamber... loved that sound. Now I know better than doing either stupid thing, why the guys at the gun shops I purchased at never said a word about the care and feeding of a 1911 is still a mystery. What bad habits did you all lose ???This may be a good post to have new owners learn from so fess up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I confess, I have a bad habit. I buy guns!!! I can't stop. Gunshows are the worst. They are like a drug.

I need more, quickly!!!

------------------
Any day above ground is a good day!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Another BAD HABIT if you have a trigger job done on your 1911 is to half-cock it.

Dont do it, it will mark up the honed surface of your hammer where it contacts the sear.

·
Registered
91 Posts
O.K. Confession is good for the soul - right?

I used to buy the cheap reloads at the Gun Shows. Not anymore. Too many FTF, etc.

Now I look for the best deal on good quality factory ammo. If I want cheap reloads I'll do it myself - some day.

I am trying to kick some bad habits -
Spending too much time at the range without working on something specific and reinforcing bad habits after I get tired.

But sometimes I just want to play too.

quantico, I don't think a Glock minds if you slam the slide on an empty chamber. If you don't have one yet, you owe it to yourself to get a Glock so you can abuse it to your heart's content. We won't tell anyone.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The only two bad habits I've ever given up were smoking and drinking (my doctor's ideas) and, my God, I do miss BEER.

The only bad gun habit I have is the same one Double Tap suffers(?) from. I refuse to give that up.

------------------
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
Humphrey Bogart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts