1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather is changing, work is slowing, more time inside to catch up on some literature.

I am an accurate shooter but would like to start picking up the pace.

Anyone have a list of "top" reads on general shooting.

Maybe one for gearing up for IDPA type shooting.

Maybe even practice course setups?

What books have you guys found to be worth the time and money.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I just have to tell you about this anyway:

I really do not read books. Until a few months ago I was listening to the Glenn Beck show on the radio. He was interviewing an ex-SEAL, Marcus Lutrell telling his story about what happened in 2005 in Afghanistan.

This story is one of the most amazing stories I have heard and read. The book is "Lone Survivor" and is a true story about a Navy Seal fighting for his life in Afghanistan after his team was taken out.

I never read books, but this is one that I could not put down. Excellent! I highly recommend it!!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
This should be required reading for anyone who owns a gun

The Art of the Rifle by Jeff Cooper. I was astounded by how much he knew and how much thought he has given to certain subjects.

·
Registered
736 Posts
PRACTICAL SHOOTING by Brian Enos. I've read a number of books on shooting, and this one is by far the best of the bunch; it's also primarily about preparing one's self for competition shooting, so it's probably right up your alley. Be warned: it's not the plain-talk, straight-forward approach that most shooting books take, but the lessons learned are well worth the investment of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts