1911Forum banner

Baer and the "finger-length challenged"

1112 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Ranger41
One of the things I appreciate about Baer is the availability of short triggers for those of us with small hands, or in my case with normal palms and stubby fingers. Both my TRS and Concept VIII have been retrofitted with short triggers purchased from Baer. While I can shoot a long trigger - I must remain conscious of how I place my finger on the trigger else I will push the group to the left of POA. A short trigger fits the natural placement of my finger.

As far as I know, Baer is the only one of the "big three" semi-custom builders (Baer, Wilson, Brown) who will sell you a pistol with a short trigger or the part to be fitted to a one you already have. So while my short-trigger Baers are all Baer - my Wilsons are now Wilson - Videki :)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Baer will work with you on most aspects of your order, and let you tailor your new pistol exactly to you. On my recently purchased Concept VII, I opted for the arched mainspring housing and a single-side safety. The MSH was an extra $60, but the safety was a no-cost option.

· Registered
3,432 Posts
All my 1911s have short triggers, incuding my Baer Stinger (which came with a long trigger.)

Long triggers fit fewer people than the manufacturers suppose, even though they're "fashionable" on 1911s.

Short triggers work fine for more folks than long triggers do, IME.

· Registered
3,037 Posts
SAWBONES said:
All my 1911s have short triggers, incuding my Baer Stinger (which came with a long trigger.)

Long triggers fit fewer people than the manufacturers suppose, even though they're "fashionable" on 1911s.

Short triggers work fine for more folks than long triggers do, IME.
Agreed. A few of my 1911s still have long triggers but only because I'm too slothful to change them out. Their time will come in due course.

· Registered
532 Posts
I am 6ft1 and about 180lbs, but my hands are small for a guys. All of the gun shops around here carry Kimbers or Springfields and they all have long triggers. I have a SA TRP that carries the factory trigger and seems to be ok, but without something to compare it to, how can I be so sure? Hope to order a Concept VII soon so I might have them put on a short trigger instead. If I don't like it I can always swap it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.