1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again the guys at Alchemy go above and beyond. New bushing and plug, spare extractor plus tuned a few things up that needed attention. Don't think I'll be doing any of those trick shots with the recoil spring plug for a while with the EGW thick bushing. That's ok I'm sure I'll screw something else up at the next match!
Took it straight to the range and put about 25 rounds thru her.
shot 10 rounds off hand from ten yards and no plug stuck in target!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Nice shooting, Good luck in your next match

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Idk I think you were more accurate with the spring plug then the actual rounds..:)That was the best accuracy I've ever seen with a spring plug. Great to hear it's back in service and functioning as it should..

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Once again the guys at Alchemy go above and beyond. New bushing and plug, spare extractor plus tuned a few things up that needed attention. Don't think I'll be doing any of those trick shots with the recoil spring plug for a while with the EGW thick bushing. That's ok I'm sure I'll screw something else up at the next match!
Took it straight to the range and put about 25 rounds thru her.
shot 10 rounds off hand from ten yards and no plug stuck in target!

how did you get them to do any work? I emailed and was told they were booked solid all year :scratch:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how did you get them to do any work? I emailed and was told they were booked solid all year :scratch:
I called them on the phone and told them I broke my Baer. I wasn't sending them the gun to have any custom work done just repair to get back to shooting.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
I hate threads like this. Makes me want to send them something else. lol I do have a Springfield that I think needs a rework. Oh, and my Baers need new sights. So do my Professionals. Dang it! lol Looks like you have an awesome shooter! Congrats!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baer just keeps getting better. Six shots from ten yards at a local indoor match yesterday evening. 200 grain lswc with 5.5 grains HP 38.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Those wadcutters make a pretty whole. Here's a 8 round mag with my Mono Commanche at 12 yards. Not quit as tight as yours but good shooting for me

Attachments

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Baer just keeps getting better. Six shots from ten yards at a local indoor match yesterday evening. 200 grain lswc with 5.5 grains HP 38.
Fantastic!
Your photo illustrates one reason (or six) we like semi-wadcutters. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts