1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered a "Pro-Shooter's Bag Padded -- Competitors Model".

I was having a heck of a time deciding which one to go with. I finally decided bigger was better.

Anyone else tried one of these?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a Bagmaster Tournement bag moving up from a Michael's of Oregon bag (which I still use). I went to the larger bag because it allows me to organize things more efficiently. Too often people buy the biggest bag they can find an load it up with everythng they have. IMHO, all they have bought is a sore back.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Michael_Aos said:
Yeah, I was afraid of that.

Do you think the one I bought is too big?

Mike
I don't know, I guess it depends on how you plan on using it. I use my Michaels' for a pistol league I shoot in plus for range practice time. My Bagmaster has two end pockets but other than that I think it is the same bag. I use the Bagmaster for USPSA handgun and 3-gun matches. I'm an NROI range officer so I do carry a timer and a few tools, just-in-case.

The problem with big bags is that people overfill them with lots of stuff they don't need. As I said use the space to organize everthing so your not digging around looking for some little thing.

FWIW I really like my bagmaster bag - it is a very high quality product.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was after something for "lunch" range sessions for starters. That's:

1x Browning HP + mags & ammo
1x Browning BuckMark + mags & ammo

Stapler, headphones, paper & self-adhesive targets.

I wanted to go with the mini range bag deluxe, but I really liked the auto pistol inserts w/mag holders on the "Competitors" model and I wasn't sure the mini range-bag would hold 200rds of 9mm and 200rds of .22.

I was carrying 3 small bags (Gatemouth Jr + 9mm bag + 22 bag) and I really wanted to get that down to 1 or 2.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a Bagmaster Tournament Model 1. Great bag. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Bagmaster bag if needed.

John, your "big bag theory" is spot on.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Jeff, I'm off topic but are you going to shoot the match at LGC Sunday?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts