1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up this Ballester Molina, unfortunately I did not at first notice it had a damaged barrel. You can see the damage it if you look at my third pic. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of replacement barrel might work best? Don't seem to be any old Molina barrels for sale anywhere, but I'll keep looking.

Attachments

· Registered
2,606 Posts
A regular 1911 barrel will interchange as original Argentine military specifications called for interchangeability for barrel and magazines with the 1911 pattern pistols the military was already using. As with replacing any barrel on any 1911 you may or may not have some fitting to do depending on the individual barrel and individual gun it's going in. A "drop in" standard 1911 barrel would have the best chance of just "dropping in" without any fitting. I've put the inexpensive "Roto" barrels from Sarco in both these and the Argentine Sistema Modelo 1927 1911 pattern pistols with good results and with a better fitted bushing and link they shoot very well.

· Premium Member
1,744 Posts
I recently picked up this Ballester Molina, unfortunately I did not at first notice it had a damaged barrel. You can see the damage it if you look at my third pic. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of replacement barrel might work best? Don't seem to be any old Molina barrels for sale anywhere, but I'll keep looking.
These folks have them. This one is out right now but they have others listed
Font Trigger Gun accessory Metal Brand

· Premium Member
661 Posts
Does the link itself drop down? It looks like everything is there and it is a replacement standard barrel. Maybe all that is needed is some WD40.

· Premium Member
661 Posts
The link does drop down. For all I know it might work fine but why take any chances.
It's not a very big risk. The 1911 locking lug is like the one you have. The Ballister Molina style was a production cost design. I'd certainly at least try a mag or three to see if it works.

· Registered
66 Posts
I put a GI barrel in mine 15 years ago to replace the worn original. It was a drop in fit. Shoots great!The finish was so worn on mine that I went ahead and “sporterized” it. Sights, ejection port, Lauer Gun Kote, feed ramp for hollow point feeding,

and grips. Other “real” 1911s have come and gone- but this shooter stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts