1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the best news I have heard for some time. And may be the only thing the Trump Administration accomplishes. There are threats that come to the front door and some from the background.

I was at my range and ran into one of my local SOTs. He said they went through THREE different web hosting providers and two payment card processors in the last year. The financial inability to do business with legal firearms is real.

Banks Can’t Deny Services to Entire Industries Under OCC Proposal

Big U.S. banks can’t refuse to lend to entire categories of lawful businesses under a rule proposed Friday, following complaints that the oil-and-gas industry was unfairly denied financing by large lenders.

Five of the six largest U.S. banks— Citigroup Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo & Co.—have pledged over the past year to end funding for new drilling and exploration projects in the Arctic.

Under the proposal, banks could still deny services to individual customers but would have to justify their decision by showing the person or business failed to meet “quantitative, impartial risk-based standards established by the bank in advance,” according to the proposal.

Wall Street has been pulling back from the oil-and-gas industry after years of poor returns from it and is under increasing pressure from environmentalists and others to limit fossil-fuel lending. While broader market conditions during the coronavirus pandemic this year have dried up capital for new exploration, some analysts have said a lack of bank financing could deter drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, which the administration opened to exploration in August.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/banks-cant-deny-services-to-entire-industries-under-occ-proposal

·
Registered
706 Posts
Making banks give loans to insolvent minorities gave us the the 2008 crush. Making student loans un-bancruptable and making banks give loans to kids with no financial prospects gave us the student loan debt crisis. Govmnt should not be in the business of telling banks to whom to lend money. Oil industry has cash reserves, let then use it to start new projects, same for the gun companies, they surely made a killing this year.

·
Registered
438 Posts
And may be the only thing the Trump Administration accomplishes.
Three Supreme Court appointments is an accomplishment even if you don't like it. Now if your guy Biden can be prevented from court packing those appointments may do some long term good.

·
Registered
23,187 Posts
I am really thinking that the sitting president is really doing himself and all of the rest of us a great disservice by attempting to cling to power. It ain't going to fly. And the sooner he turns this train wreck over to Dopey Joe, the easier it will be to distance himself from all of the carnage that is coming down the tubes.

You just have to know that there is going to be so much bad JuJu coming down the road for this incoming administration that the Heels up/Dopey Joe song and dance is going to be piling up as much fecal matter as they possibly can on the DJT administration. The smart money would cash in their chips and hit the road. Let the incoming administration take all of the fallout that is rapidly mounting.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Making banks give loans to insolvent minorities gave us the the 2008 crush. Making student loans un-bancruptable and making banks give loans to kids with no financial prospects gave us the student loan debt crisis. Govmnt should not be in the business of telling banks to whom to lend money. Oil industry has cash reserves, let then use it to start new projects, same for the gun companies, they surely made a killing this year.

I agree. The oil companies have tons of money. Why do they "need" loans from banks to conduct their oil exploration???? :unsure: Seems like they could just tell the banks to pound sand when it comes to doing any transactions as they obviously have the bulk of their investment funds tied up in stocks/bonds that give much better rates of return than any bank anyway. Why would they need these big banks to conduct transactions? Seems like there are a ton of smaller ones that would be glad to get their business for transactions that oil companies need banking anyway.

Back in the 80's when I started out with a career job I tried to establish credit by applying for credit cards from the big banks. I applied for Chase, American Express, Discover, and several others. All of them turned me down. Not because I had bad credit, but, because I had not established yet. So, I vowed that when I established credit, I would forever turn down them down when they came crawling to me to issue a credit card or solicit a bank account. I developed good credit and then came the regular trash mailings of credit card solicitations. All of them to this day get torn in half and dumped in the trash can. Screw the big banks.

I've done all of my banking through my federal credit union and will never use a big bank. The only time that this rule of life has been violated were the few times when I have gotten a vehicle loan and that loan was sold to one of the big banks like Wells Fargo. I paid off that loan the next year, just to get out from under that bank.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Three Supreme Court appointments is an accomplishment even if you don't like it. Now if your guy Biden can be prevented from court packing those appointments may do some long term good.

Outstanding! Way to go! These democrat operatives are popping up all over. Nice job handling this one. (y) And yes, this president is the best president in my lifetime, which goes all the way back to Eisenhower. If the democrats/communist don't win, history will go down showing them as the greatest existential threat that this Constitutional Republic has ever faced. If they win, they will do what all communists do when they take over a country. Erase it's history and substitute their own fictionalized account of the greatness of communism. This explains why all the BLM/antifa scum were tearing down historical statues and even attempted to tear down a statue of Jesus Christ.

·
Premium Member
15,217 Posts
The real bomb has not been dropped - the proof of vast vote changing by programs in the computers counting the votes. Servers belonging to Dominion were seized by U.S. forces in Germany and are now being analyzed. If this does not get dropped, it means the above theory turned out to be wrong and there was no major vote switching, and Trump walks away. If it does show massive fraud, its going to take epic guts to step out in front of that train and try to stop it. We will be in whole new territory.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
darkblue is a total leftist. He can't wait for uncle joe to take over.
This is the best news I have heard for some time. And may be the only thing the Trump Administration accomplishes. There are threats that come to the front door and some from the background.

I was at my range and ran into one of my local SOTs. He said they went through THREE different web hosting providers and two payment card processors in the last year. The financial inability to do business with legal firearms is real.

Big U.S. banks can’t refuse to lend to entire categories of lawful businesses under a rule proposed Friday, following complaints that the oil-and-gas industry was unfairly denied financing by large lenders.

Five of the six largest U.S. banks— Citigroup Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo & Co.—have pledged over the past year to end funding for new drilling and exploration projects in the Arctic.

Under the proposal, banks could still deny services to individual customers but would have to justify their decision by showing the person or business failed to meet “quantitative, impartial risk-based standards established by the bank in advance,” according to the proposal.

Wall Street has been pulling back from the oil-and-gas industry after years of poor returns from it and is under increasing pressure from environmentalists and others to limit fossil-fuel lending. While broader market conditions during the coronavirus pandemic this year have dried up capital for new exploration, some analysts have said a lack of bank financing could deter drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, which the administration opened to exploration in August.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/banks-cant-deny-services-to-entire-industries-under-occ-proposal
The only thing they accomplish? We all know you are a leftist troll, but not a good one.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts

Big U.S. banks can’t refuse to lend to entire categories of lawful businesses under a rule proposed Friday.....

The OP's original point is being lost here. Banks have been persecuting gun stores and ranges by refusing to do business with them, regardless of their good credit. That is what this proposal addresses. The oil industry was also targeted by the big banks, so that was the impetus for getting this going.

Big banks are globalist, and this proposal is pushback.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Not seeing where he said this, perhaps edited out; but if he is thinking Biden will get in, then he may well be right. Since Biden/Harris will reverse everything Trump has accomplished. But they can't fire SC Justices.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The OP's original point is being lost here. Banks have been persecuting gun stores and ranges by refusing to do business with them, regardless of their good credit. That is what this proposal addresses. The oil industry was also targeted by the big banks, so that was the impetus for getting this going.

Big banks are globalist, and this proposal is pushback.
Where in a free society should the government be involved in telling businesses who they have to deal with? You don’t want a baker to be forced to bake a cake for a homosexual ‘wedding’, but if it suits your ideology, you want to make a bank loan money to gun shops or support their transactions.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
I am really thinking that the sitting president is really doing himself and all of the rest of us a great disservice by attempting to cling to power. It ain't going to fly. And the sooner he turns this train wreck over to Dopey Joe, the easier it will be to distance himself from all of the carnage that is coming down the tubes.

You just have to know that there is going to be so much bad JuJu coming down the road for this incoming administration that the Heels up/Dopey Joe song and dance is going to be piling up as much fecal matter as they possibly can on the DJT administration. The smart money would cash in their chips and hit the road. Let the incoming administration take all of the fallout that is rapidly mounting.
Could not possibly disagree more! Trump, his legal team, and many patriots are fighting the good fight and this must continue until victory.

Should Churchill have given in to the Nazis once they started bombing London, just to show how bad it would be under their rule?

Paramount is election integrity. If Biden gets in, the system might stay rigged forever. If they control voting fraud, then we may lose the Senate in 2022, then look out Supreme Court. If they control fraud, then they will also retain the House. So with the Presidency, both chambers of Congress, and the SC packed, I don't see the USA ever coming back. At least not without a very awful civil war.

The Demarxist VP who will take over a few months later will EO many of our freedoms away, becuz covid, even without having the Senate. False flag ops will occur to demonize patriots. Green New Deal, climate change agreements restored, close cooperation with China again, lockdowns forever, forced vaccinations by tying them to banking and all other financial transactions, contact tracing, social credit scores, all human activity regulated. The current China model, worldwide. Essentially it would be as if Trump never happened, and Hitlery had won. Non-Americans are rooting for Trump from their already more restricted countries, because they know we are the last bulwark for freedom.

Trump is not a dictator, so characterizing him as "clinging to power" is doing a great disservice to him. He is fighting for our nation's soul. His remaining President will stave off almost all the horror the Demarxists want to visit upon us.

Please reconsider your outlook on all this.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Where in a free society should the government be involved in telling businesses who they have to deal with? You don’t want a baker to be forced to bake a cake for a homosexual ‘wedding’, but if it suits your ideology, you want to make a bank loan money to gun shops or support their transactions.
The globalist banks are systematically targeting business which promote American citizens' freedom (2A related) and strength (oil industry). Note the part where banks still have the perfectly reasonable option to refuse to do business with specific businesses they deem too risky. This is just common sense that avoids the 2008 housing loans and the student loans messes. Those messes happened because safeguards for the banking industry were deliberately left out. This proposal is designed to end discrimination against whole classes of business the Left does not like. This is much more like our laws prohibiting discrimination against someone or some group due to race, religion, ethnicity etc.

What has been happening with gun shops is that out of the blue, they are being told by bankers that the bank no longer wants to transact business with them. No explanations, not merit related, and there is a pattern to it. Not one bank here and there deciding a specific business is financially sketchy. All this falls under the equal-protection clause of the Constitution.

This proposal does not deal with religious-conscience situations, such as gay wedding cakes or Catholic nuns who are nurses providing abortion services. That is a different area entirely, and irrelevant to this discussion.

If I'm still not convincing you, then we will just have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: DrkBlue

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have worked in the Energy sector. My strong speculation is the Artic drilling, like everything else, is underwritten with 15-30 year corporate bond issuances. Those bonds are issued, underwritten and often purchased by the big banks.

it is the same thing in many US businesses. For instance, the Big 3 automakers don’t pay their employees or suppliers with last months earnings... They pay present bills with borrowed money from commercial loans. Present earnings go to pay debt payments on the commercial loans.

Hence, that is why you get the Remington liquidation, for the second time in a few years. Maybe Keltec operates as a cash, retail-like model, but large capital intensive manufacturing does not.

Whether car makers, oil companies or gun makers are targeted by politically-motivated banking discrimination, we may want to be careful. The OCC rulings likely can be overturned, but that gets into some traps/details that make it hard. It is also likely that the major banks actually support the OCC telling them not to discriminate - that insulates them against shareholder efforts such as CalPERS disinvestment campaigns.

I agree on the SCOTUS comments, but I am not inclined to count those chickens until they are hatched.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Could not possibly disagree more! Trump, his legal team, and many patriots are fighting the good fight and this must continue until victory.

Should Churchill have given in to the Nazis once they started bombing London, just to show how bad it would be under their rule?

Paramount is election integrity. If Biden gets in, the system might stay rigged forever. If they control voting fraud, then we may lose the Senate in 2022, then look out Supreme Court. If they control fraud, then they will also retain the House. So with the Presidency, both chambers of Congress, and the SC packed, I don't see the USA ever coming back. At least not without a very awful civil war.

The Demarxist VP who will take over a few months later will EO many of our freedoms away, becuz covid, even without having the Senate. False flag ops will occur to demonize patriots. Green New Deal, climate change agreements restored, close cooperation with China again, lockdowns forever, forced vaccinations by tying them to banking and all other financial transactions, contact tracing, social credit scores, all human activity regulated. The current China model, worldwide. Essentially it would be as if Trump never happened, and Hitlery had won. Non-Americans are rooting for Trump from their already more restricted countries, because they know we are the last bulwark for freedom.

Trump is not a dictator, so characterizing him as "clinging to power" is doing a great disservice to him. He is fighting for our nation's soul. His remaining President will stave off almost all the horror the Demarxists want to visit upon us.

Please reconsider your outlook on all this.
Right now we have two choices:

Trump for President 2020,
or enslavement forever.

Keeping Trump in office is a critical factor in defeating Marxism.
Once he's been secured, we WILL experience massive civil discord.
And it will last for a while.
But it's necessary.

Keeping this notion of "I just want things to get back to normal.",
is childish at this point.
There's work to do.
And it's important work.
All the freedoms we enjoy in this country must be defended continually.
And we've been so focused on military power,
that we've been ignoring the social infiltration of Marxism.

I expect Trump to win the Presidency for 2020.
And along with that he will be hated by many.
This is simply part of the job.

But it's better to have Trump in power and hated by a bunch of idiots,
than it is to have Harris in power and have her dismantle our country.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The real bomb has not been dropped - the proof of vast vote changing by programs in the computers counting the votes. Servers belonging to Dominion were seized by U.S. forces in Germany and are now being analyzed. If this does not get dropped, it means the above theory turned out to be wrong and there was no major vote switching, and Trump walks away. If it does show massive fraud, its going to take epic guts to step out in front of that train and try to stop it. We will be in whole new territory.
I am sorry to say but the US ARMY can not seize any server in Germany nor in any other foreign country, it is without any doubt a false statement.
Trump for 2020!!

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
I am sorry to say but the US ARMY can not seize any server in Germany nor in any other foreign country, it is without any doubt a false statement.
Trump for 2021!!!
How could you possibly know that? If have no doubt that if this happened, and I think it did, then the German govt was quietly notified of our intent and given the go-ahead. For diplomatic reasons, we would not operate without consent.

Alternate scenario: due to the determination that this is a national security issue, the German govt would be notified as the raid was happening, so they would not be blindsided.

·
Super Moderator
14,377 Posts
How could you possibly know that? If have no doubt that if this happened, and I think it did, then the German govt was quietly notified of our intent and given the go-ahead. For diplomatic reasons, we would not operate without consent.

Alternate scenario: due to the determination that this is a national security issue, the German govt would be notified as the raid was happening, so they would not be blindsided.
Another alternative: the server is owned by an American company operating in Germany, so it would be American assets, not German. I see this as a more likely possibility, since U.S. seizing foreign-owned assets in their own country would be considered an act of international aggression (unless as you pointed out the green light was given by that foreign power - however very unlikely).

Reactions: DrkBlue

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Another alternative: the server is owned by an American company operating in Germany, so it would be American assets, not German. I see this as a more likely possibility, since U.S. seizing foreign-owned assets in their own country would be considered an act of international aggression (unless as you pointed out the green light was given by that foreign power - however very unlikely).
Yeah, maybe the specifics will come out at some point. All sorts of interesting things happen that we never hear about. Sometimes govts simply do not acknowledge events which they don't want to discuss.

Trump: We're taking those servers.
Merkel's response.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.