1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am building a 9mm bull barrel w/n 1911. I have both brand barrels on hand and can't help but notice the feed ramps are very different. The Bar-Sto ramp runs half as deep and is less steep. The Schuemann ramp runs the full depth of the lug and is much more steep. The Bar-Sto seems more than deep enough and looks like it would feed more smoothly. What are your opinions on the matter? The Bar-Sto looks like a better setup to me. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello. I am building a 9mm bull barrel w/n 1911. I have both brand barrels on hand and can't help but notice the feed ramps are very different. The Bar-Sto ramp runs half as deep and is less steep. The Schuemann ramp runs the full depth of the lug and is much more steep. The Bar-Sto seems more than deep enough and looks like it would feed more smoothly. What are your opinions on the matter? The Bar-Sto looks like a better setup to me. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
If both barrels are new and not altered you could probably close your eyes and pick one and have a great barrel. I have used both brands and have had equal results. With regards to the feed ramps, the spec on the angle of a feed ramp is 31.5 degrees with many preferring a 28 degree ramp. Some also prefer a feed ramp that protrudes into the mag well a little further on 9mm because of less distance for the round to travel from the magazine prior to contacting the feed ramp. I hope this helps. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts