1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put almost 1000 rounds through my Springfield Operator. I broke it down to clean it and found that there are indentations where the rear or the guide rod meets the barrel. The indentations were not there when i first bought the gun. As a result of this, the link would not move.
In order to remove the barrel from the slide, I forced the link forward. After moving the link back and forth a couple of times, the link loosend up again.
This is my duty weapon and I need to get this fixed with out taking it to a smith if possible. I also would like to fix it before my teams next monthly qualification.
Any input would be appreciated!!!

CB

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The method most of us use to remedy this is to put a small bevel at the bottom/back of the recoil spring guide...where it contacts the front of the bottom barrel lugs. You can probably look at your guide and see where it's contacting the lugs now, and just carefully file a bevel right there.
It's possible that your pistol has already taken a set on those parts and since you removed the existing burrs, no more may form.

Bob

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any aftermarket Guider Rods that come beveled? I dont want to do any modifications to the original Guide Rod if possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.