1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. When in battery, my Colt LWCommander has some play when pushing down on the chamber end of the barrel. When disassembled, my slide stop is pretty sloppy in the barrel link. Is this something an oversized link should fix, or am I looking in the wrong place here? My barrel lug recesses are showing signs of a little bit of peening and I would like to cease that from getting worse. I'm also looking at fitting a new barrel bushing, because it's pretty sloppy as well. Oh, this is an old pre '70 commander.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,132 Posts
I have an early S80 Commander, and there's a bit of slop at the rear; even with a match bushing, it won't do much more than stay on a paper plate at 25 yards. Long links don't do much for accurtacy, and could make any lug peening problems worse. The slide stop won't be tight in the link; it's not supposed to be.

·
Premium Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Rick. I guess I'm just stuck with it, huh? I was wanting to put a little bit of money into this gun, but if it's likely to need to go to a smith, I can't afford to pay someone else right now.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,132 Posts
I can recommend the Kart ez-fit barrel, if you are looking to tighten lock-up without paying a pro. I've installed two of these, and they are great. I intend to put one in my Commander (some day).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.