1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a LNIB T series Brn. Hi-Power. Something that has me concerned, however, is that I noticed that the barrel is made from two pieces. Has Brn./FN Hi-Powers always had two piece barrels? I have an older Argentine Contract pistol and it didn't appear to have a 2 piece barrel. All info. appreciated.

·
Registered
21,711 Posts
I remember when they changed over, a number of years ago. The gun magazine legend was that the two-piece construction let them make the breech section with the "grain of the steel" oriented to increase the strength of the cam lug. I am not a metallurgist but I think it was done to save money. People gripe about the two-piece SA 1911A1 barrel too. I do not see a problem, they work, as do the Monobloc barrels on Beretta and other high dollar shotguns.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have a Springfield Armory 1911 A1 that started life as a mil-spec model. It still has the factory barrel. 50,000 rounds and it's still going.

So what if it's a cost saving measure. The same folks who complain about a two piece barrel would be up in arms (so to speak) if the manufacturer put in a one piece and thus raised the price of the product.

------------------
johnnyb
A slow hit beats a fast miss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts