1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new Wilson KZ-45---600 rounds shot and decided to clean it. Disassembly and reassembly went pretty well. Did an old army series of function checks on it...seems to be fine.

Question: When in battery, the barrel is tight. When the slide is locked to the rear, the barrel is loose. I assume this is normal, is it? And for my education, why is it loose?

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
When in battery, the barrels locking lugs are engaged in the slide. With the slide locked back, they're not. That's the simple explanation. I'm sure some of the others here can give you more detailed info. You can also go back to the home page and go into 1911.org. It has some animated illustrations showing the complete cycle of the gun.

By the way, I have several 45s and the KZ is my favorite.

Good Shooting
Mike:D :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
5 Toes,

When the slide is locked back (out of battery), it is perfectly normal for the barrel to be loose. It is no longer locked in front by the bushing, and the locking lugs on top of the barrel no longer engage the locking recesses in the top of the slide. As the slide goes back, the barrel tilts down at the rear, up at the front. This is a very simple and unscientific explanation. But rest assured, it's normal.

Larry C.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a great forum!

Thanks for your answers--they're appreciated.

By the way....the KZ-45 is a dream to shoot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts