1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.

I'm a new gun owner, and my PT1911 is my first gun.

I was cleaning my gun today, and noticed these ridges (pictured below) on the barrel.

The gun is new, and has about 250 rounds through it.

Is this normal? And if not, any idea what could be causing it?

Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,367 Posts
Yeah, the front of the locking lugs are peening. Quality on these is a toss-up. Most of them are okay. The barrel fitting on my PT1911 is the best I've ever seen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. The only consistent complaint I read about Taurus when decided to buy one was the customer support. I just crossed my fingers and hoped I wouldn't have to deal with them. So much for that. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So... Taurus customer support was amazing. From the time I contacted them, until the gun was sent (free shipping) repaired and returned was about 2 weeks. The replaced the barrel with a Winchester machined part.

Unfortunately, when I got it back and broke it down, it looked like this:

I'm not sure if a certain degree of wear is normal in the lugs, or if maybe the slide is faulty and causing this. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'd request they actually fit the barrel to the slide - they'll need both parts.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Please take this as my impression only. Taurus does not have a 1911 gunsmith capable of fixing issues, something is wrong they will try to replace the part and that is it. More than often simply replacing the part does not fix the issue, hence the reason people will experience bad CS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts